PDA

View Full Version : Riddle me this: Fizik shoes

Rubeboy
09-08-2013, 11:24 PM
Has anyone noticed weird little anomalies like this with Fizik shoes?
The tags on these two pairs of R3s show different, and in one case, wrong info.
That by itself is not that bad, just somewhat curious.
The other issue seems to be a bit more problematic.
I purchased a pair a while back and sized down accordingly from my usual sidi's. The new pair arrived and while the fit was comfortable they were really long. I ordered another pair a few months later and sized down another half size and the fit is nearly the same but the length of the shoe is right around 2cm shorter. I've never measured shoes with this attention to detail before but 2 cm seems like a big difference in a half size change.

I wonder if there were QC issues during production and that's why they were blowing them out recently at greatly reduced prices.
I've heard noting but great reviews, so I'm eager to get them on the road.
It's just kinda curious.
Anyone else have weird goings-on with Fizik's?

choke
09-08-2013, 11:37 PM
I also bought a pair (MTB version) recently and noticed some similar things.
Unlike you, I followed their sizing and they were too tight so I went up a half size. I'm at a comparable Sidi size.
The tag on the shoes is different than the tag on the box - both pair. To clarify, sizing says a 43 is a US9.5; shoe says 43/9.5US while box says 43/9US.
The second pair had an inside lining on the tongue in white on one shoe and black on the other.

I've only had a short ride on them so far but they are very comfortable.

sales guy
09-09-2013, 07:09 AM
I would make the comment that that's Italians for you, but they are made in Romania. They are made in the same factory as sidi used to be and chain cycling shoes are. Sidi has their own factory in Romania now.

They claim Italy due to the eu standard like lots of companies do. But it's Romania. And yes, I have first hand knowledge of this. So I'm not just slamming someone and talking out of my ass.

My guess, they are changing their sizing listing and some snuck through with older tags and labels. It happens. I know that they did change a ton of things from original to now versions. People were unhappy and they weren't selling as many. The fit wasn't right. So I wouldn't be surprised if it was an older label on the newer fit shoe that slipped thru.

LJohnny
09-09-2013, 09:18 AM
Did they adjust sizing to a "more European" style? Meaning slimmer fit?

FlashUNC
09-09-2013, 09:26 AM
I have two pairs of Fizik R3s. One is the standard model, the other the silver SL.

Both are listed as the same Euro size on the box and on the tags, but the US sizing is listed as a half size different. 10 on the regular pair, 10.5 on the other.

Shoes fit identical.

Who knows. I just know my feet like 'em.

teleguy57
09-09-2013, 09:30 AM
I'm frowning. I have a pair of 2012 R1s I bought earlier this season, and am having some issues with the linings separating. I've provided photos to the retailer and he is working with Fizik directly. If they go the replacement route I know it won't be with the full kangaroo uppers I have (and love) now, and I always wondering about how well the sizing on a replacement pair will fit me. I am very fond of my current pair and would hate get a replacement that doesn't work as well.

pdmtong
09-09-2013, 09:30 AM
I want to like the fizik shoes but the sizing to me is not obvious
I tried them at sea otter when introduced originally and also more recently at my lbs. even sizing down a whole size from my sidi didn't present an obvious choice when comparing half sizes. Shimano specialized giro Mavic dmt and even Rapha /giro it's obvious which size I am and am not. So even with the blowout fiziks I passed.