PDA

View Full Version : jerseys from eBay seller in Poland

Walter
09-08-2013, 06:20 PM
I want a Renault / Gitane / Elf jersey and Prendas Ciclismo does not carry them anymore. There is an eBay seller named world-of-jersey in Poland that offers them.

Anyone have any experience dealing with this seller? I am always a little leery dealing with eBay sellers outside of the US (other than the UK).

MattTuck
09-08-2013, 06:27 PM
I want a Renault / Gitane / Elf jersey and Prendas Ciclismo does not carry them anymore. There is an eBay seller named world-of-jersey in Poland that offers them.

Anyone have any experience dealing with this seller? I am always a little leery dealing with eBay sellers outside of the US (other than the UK).

Yeah, it is almost the trifecta of red flags.

1. ebay
2. outside US
3. pay with paypal 'gift'

you're right to be cautious.

kohlboto
09-08-2013, 06:43 PM

No love for Canada? :)

wildboar
09-08-2013, 06:56 PM
They have a ton of good feedback and only one negative. The handful of neutrals were all taken care of and the buyers left positive followups.

The jersey is a whopping $38.99 with free shipping.

I see nothing wrong here.

likebikes
09-08-2013, 07:01 PM
I've ordered from them multiple times, they're legit. Can't recomend them highly enough.

wallymann
09-08-2013, 07:04 PM
same here.

I've ordered from them multiple times, they're legit. Can't recomend them highly enough.

Lanterne Rouge
09-08-2013, 07:28 PM
A friend of mine orders from him and waxes lyrical about the guy and customer service. I'm sure he'll chime in on this thread.

sashae
09-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Gotten a couple from him as well, good seller.

akelman
09-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Can someone link to his sales, especially if he has an e-bay store? (I promise not to buy the jersey in question.)

likebikes
09-08-2013, 07:57 PM
http://stores.ebay.com/perfectcyclingwear/

akelman
09-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Thanks! Do his jerseys run true to size? Race fit? Club fit?

tiretrax
09-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Assos makes replica jerseys for one or two of the teams you mention. I think they're on sale at Comptetive Cyclist.

What kind of fabric does this guy use - do they breathe well?

William
09-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Love the Spanish Beef jersey!:cool::D

William

mistermo
09-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Got a 7-Eleven jersey from him a couple years back. No issues whatsoever. I'd buy from him again.

bikingshearer
09-09-2013, 12:57 AM
I've bought several from him. The guy is a good eBay seller. I wouldn't call them club fit, but they aren't Euro-skinny either. The fabric is fine - nothing super-special, but they deal with sweat fairly well. They are definitely worth the money.

Considering they are coming from overseas, they get here in a reasonable time - but they won't be here tomorrow or by the end of the week.

Also, don't expect 100% perfectly-rendered reproductions. There will be subtle (and sometimes a little less than subtle) differences in color and/or design form the originals. For example, the Renault jersey you mentioned (I bought one of these from the guy) has raglan sleeves and the graphics follow the shoulder seam, while the original had set-in sleeves with the graphics following the seam. The red on the Raleigh jersey I got from him is more orange-y than the originals. The logo on the Gan jersey (the older 1970s Poulidor-Zoetemelk-Hoban era one, not the 1990s design) has rounded-off corners that were square on the original. These are nits that some will want to pick and others won't. If you are a stickler about such things, you will be disappointed. If not, go for it - it is cheap price for a fun jersey, especially since many of his offerings are not available in any other version that I am aware of.

But again, as a seller, the guy is fine. If you place an order, you will get what you paid for.