PDA

View Full Version : Saddle mount for GoPro help/advice?

Shortsocks
09-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Hey guys/gals.

I just got the K-Edge Saddle mount for my GoPro 3 Silver Edition.

I was wondering if there is anyone here that has experience with it, or even mounting a GoPro on the saddle.

What camera angle do you use? (Normal, medium, wide)
How do you tilt it?

Anything would be helpful, as I have Zero experience with saddle mounting go pro's.

Thanks

bloody sunday
09-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Hey guys/gals.

I just got the K-Edge Saddle mount for my GoPro 3 Silver Edition.

I was wondering if there is anyone here that has experience with it, or even mounting a GoPro on the saddle.

What camera angle do you use? (Normal, medium, wide)
How do you tilt it?

Anything would be helpful, as I have Zero experience with saddle mounting go pro's.

Thanks
I've mounted mine on my saddle. Quickly decided that it's not the best place for it.

I used wide, and I tilted it slightly up so you could see some of the road, some of the sky etc.

Just don't overtighten, as the hardware that comes with the GoPro is terribly cheap/brittle.

drinkslinger
09-07-2013, 05:27 PM
I've mounted mine on my saddle. Quickly decided that it's not the best place for it.

I used wide, and I tilted it slightly up so you could see some of the road, some of the sky etc.

Just don't overtighten, as the hardware that comes with the GoPro is terribly cheap/brittle.

Seriously cheap and brittle. There are a couple of companies doing nice GoPro mounts out of billet with billet hardware. They're aimed mostly at motorsports, but are usable on a bike. I just can't see dropping $200 on mounting hardware for a $150 camera.