PDA

View Full Version : "Christmas morning..."

krhea
09-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Am I the only person aka geek who acts like a little kid when awaiting a shipment of bike related stuff? Checking the mailbox all day long, watching for the mail truck and generally just being like a little kid on Christmas eve. And then the worst happens, it was suppose to arrive yesterday, the tracking said yesterday, everything was saying delivery YESTERDAY...I greeted the mailman at the door and was shocked not see him with a BIG box, oh no. He didn't have it, said head to the PO and see if it missed his truck. I hop in the car and head downtown in hopes it's sitting there...NOPE!!!!!!! And worse, they're info says it was being delivered yesterday as well. One more glimmer of hope. The counter person, who was very nice and helpful, says "We close in 15minutes at 5pm, BUT, if you call around 5:15 I'll still be here and all the trucks will be back and perhaps it hit the wrong truck OR it was under stack of boxes and your mailman missed it. If it's here I'll grab and you can come back and get it." Thanks so much, very cool of you, great, "keep hope alive..." I call back at exactly 5:15 and get hit with the bad news, no box anywhere to be found. Should be here tomorrow. Damn.

It's funny, you'd think I was waiting on my wife to give birth or something! I guess we're all just kids when it comes to getting a package in the mail huh.

And yes, I'm a little kid again day as I sit in my office watching out the window for that little white box of a truck to roll up...my wife thinks I'm crazed. Wish me luck today.

Anyone else the same way when they've purchased something and then begin the dreaded "waiting period"?

KRhea

MattTuck
09-05-2013, 01:22 PM
anticipatory utility. google it. you've got it :)

congrats on whatever sweet project you've got going :banana:

When I ordered my Kent Eriksen Sweetpost, I was checking the tracking information on a 15 minute schedule. Ridiculous.

dave thompson
09-05-2013, 02:06 PM
anticipatory utility. google it. you've got it :)

congrats on whatever sweet project you've got going :banana:

When I ordered my Kent Eriksen Sweetpost, I was checking the tracking information on a 15 minute schedule. Ridiculous.

It's a common disease amongst us. If one doesn't have it now, he will soon.

Keith A
09-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Yep...I love the Christmas morning feeling...especially when you're waiting on a new frame/bike :banana:

crownjewelwl
09-05-2013, 02:20 PM
amazon prime has ruined it for me...

i just expect things to show up on my doorstep in 2 days.

SpokeValley
09-05-2013, 02:28 PM
I start tracking the packages as soon as they're in the system.

When it's scheduled to arrive, I'm like the dog on the porch @ 1:55...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi13qjJhO7A

:)

Mikej
09-05-2013, 02:43 PM
No you sound like some kind of weirdo to me - seek professional help immediately ...let me know if it works.

krhea
09-05-2013, 02:43 PM
So glad I don't suffer alone with this debilitating "disease". Misery certainly loves and appreciates company in this instance.

sales guy
09-05-2013, 02:57 PM
I have a bunch of stuff incoming. I just told one of the companies to next day air the one box. I'll post pics when they arrive. Freaking out waiting. Ugh!!!!

DoubleButted
09-05-2013, 08:20 PM
It's like Christmas morning. But I can't tell my wife about it. :no:

bianchi10
09-05-2013, 09:09 PM
I'm the same way and then when it doesn't show up or the UPS man is later than usually, my blood pressure goes through the roof!!

krhea
09-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!! No delivery again today. It's now two days overdue and my wife is ready to put me in "timeout" if I don't chill. OK, tomorrow is the day, thinking positive...

Jack Brunk
09-05-2013, 10:57 PM
My Firefly t shirt arrives tomorrow. Now I can wash my Black Sheep t shirt. My wife is really excited.

bianchi10
09-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!! No delivery again today. It's now two days overdue and my wife is ready to put me in "timeout" if I don't chill. OK, tomorrow is the day, thinking positive...

I dont think I have ever had a package NOT show up when it showed the tracking as being delivered at the end of the day two days or even day prior. I would be a little concerned honestly.

enr1co
09-05-2013, 11:43 PM
C 59? :)

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=135566