PDA

View Full Version : Smashed fork - TIME VXR circa 2008

VIP11
09-05-2013, 05:01 AM
Hi All

Does anyone know where a fork can be sourced from? Was crash damaged courtesy of a car. A replacement in Australia is $900.00 and I've kept the otherwise mint frame hoping to rebuild.

Thanks

sales guy
09-05-2013, 06:43 AM
Only place I know of here in the states is Time Sport. You might be able to find something on alibaba from an Asian producer. I would be worried it would fit though-my personal worries. Some people wouldn't worry though.

civdic
09-05-2013, 07:03 AM
They are specific to the size of frame you have. A threaded collar is glued to the steer tube.

I have one in great shape that is in storage. Mine is for a size Medium frame.

PM me and we can work something out.

FlashUNC
09-05-2013, 08:01 AM
They are specific to the size of frame you have. A threaded collar is glued to the steer tube.

I have one in great shape that is in storage. Mine is for a size Medium frame.

PM me and we can work something out.

+1. The headset system Time uses is essentially a hybrid quill/threadless design. So you'd need something sized for your specific frame, unless you're swapping both the headset and the fork.

chismog
09-05-2013, 11:37 AM
That's going to be a rare bird.

Frames with the Quickset do use the glued threaded collar, so they'll be size specific. Looks like you have a size large frame there, from eyeball.

Also, most of those forks have a molded crown race. Check what you got on there now. Unsure whether something with a regular race will work.

Lastly, some of those forks were tapered, some were not. Taper should be apparent if you pull the old fork, or it will have "multi 0" printed on the fork legs. Obviously you'll need to get the right one...

I see these come up on eBay every now and then. Fortunately for you, they are generally cheap because they're mostly unusable on any other frame due to the above issues.

Good luck!