PDA

View Full Version : Hung Over ... roll count

Smiley
01-01-2006, 09:33 AM
Will be watching them Skins later. Too much Vodka last nite :)

Kevin
01-01-2006, 09:36 AM
How 'bout them Giants. We get a home game.

Kevin

dirtdigger88
01-01-2006, 09:37 AM
mrs dirt is. . . hung over that is- Im thinking she doesn't care about the game

DD also stands for Designated Driver

Jason

Kevin
01-01-2006, 09:39 AM
mrs dirt is. . .

DD
Jason

You are a lucky man. :D

Kevin

bostondrunk
01-01-2006, 09:41 AM
Tylenol 3........is.........my .....friend...
30mg codeine.......come ta pappa.....

dbrk
01-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Hope you all had a fun evening and a great New Year to all pals!

Last night I drove my sixteen year old to a friend's house (that's an hour out and an hour back) and then picked her up at 1 a.m. She's a great kid, I'm not inclined to deny her just because we live so far out in the country, so I had a late, sober night working my way down the black ice. It was quiet but scary out there...

I've had ol'Mavic's bike on the brain, as I am sure a host of you too. I'm always of mixed feelings about "team" colors, what airs we might be pretending, I'm more of a plain, classic, please don't notice me kinda' cyclist, though I suppose wool, weird French bikes, and pink cycling caps draw their own notice. Be that as it may, I was in Serotta Jones mode yesterday and am hoping to stanch that with pure exhaustion.

Aimee flew to Atlanta the other day to pick up Rocco. He's a mini-dox and now our silken windhound Mira's best friend. His official name in Sanskrit is Kavirajan, which we might translate Sovereign Poet, but we'll just call him Rocco for one of his great Italian uncles on my mother's side. A photo here for Sandy and others who would otherwise feel curtailed without one (old O'Brian pun there...for you dog watchers). He is very quiet (NO YAPPING since that would result in THE POUND) and the scampering, playful, utter delight he has in life is enough to lift even a winter without cycling.

I have a few bikes for sale in the 59-60cm range, if anyone cares to look, and I'd sell that 6d of slope Moots YBB Psychlo if anyone wants it. I have a Sachs cross bike and a Saluki that see most of the rough roads now, plus Dario is making me a 'cross racer so this fantastic ride can go. Drop me a line.

It's a new year and I hope we are here to celebrate the next and the next. I miss Dennis, I wish old dnovo who turn up once in a while to razz me, BigMac seems finally to have ridden into the Tuscan sun, boy, what a smart guy he is, and there just has to be one more CSi out there for me. One for Rocco too, I bet, though it might have TCO.

dbrk

coylifut
01-01-2006, 10:48 AM
I have a food hang over. been eating like a pig since the middle of December. Last night i filled up on homade pizza, christmas cookies and cheese cake. going out on the fixe in a few to bring in the new year. maybe this year, I'll meet a few of you.

dirtdigger88
01-01-2006, 10:51 AM
You are a lucky man. :D

Kevin

DD's yuck- :fight:

Kevin havn't you heard - anything over a mouthful is a waste- though I have been told I have a big mouth from time to time- :D

Jason

davids
01-01-2006, 12:01 PM
I had about 1 1/2 glasses of Champagne early, and then stuck to food. As the pecan pie and cheese ice cream hit my stomach 'round about midnight, I was done...

Sandy
01-01-2006, 12:54 PM
Hope you all had a fun evening and a great New Year to all pals!

Last night I drove my sixteen year old to a friend's house (that's an hour out and an hour back) and then picked her up at 1 a.m. She's a great kid, I'm not inclined to deny her just because we live so far out in the country, so I had a late, sober night working my way down the black ice. It was quiet but scary out there...

I've had ol'Mavic's bike on the brain, as I am sure a host of you too. I'm always of mixed feelings about "team" colors, what airs we might be pretending, I'm more of a plain, classic, please don't notice me kinda' cyclist, though I suppose wool, weird French bikes, and pink cycling caps draw their own notice. Be that as it may, I was in Serotta Jones mode yesterday and am hoping to stanch that with pure exhaustion.

Aimee flew to Atlanta the other day to pick up Rocco. He's a mini-dox and now our silken windhound Mira's best friend. His official name in Sanskrit is Kavirajan, which we might translate Sovereign Poet, but we'll just call him Rocco for one of his great Italian uncles on my mother's side. A photo here for Sandy and others who would otherwise feel curtailed without one (old O'Brian pun there...for you dog watchers). He is very quiet (NO YAPPING since that would result in THE POUND) and the scampering, playful, utter delight he has in life is enough to lift even a winter without cycling.

I have a few bikes for sale in the 59-60cm range, if anyone cares to look, and I'd sell that 6d of slope Moots YBB Psychlo if anyone wants it. I have a Sachs cross bike and a Saluki that see most of the rough roads now, plus Dario is making me a 'cross racer so this fantastic ride can go. Drop me a line.

It's a new year and I hope we are here to celebrate the next and the next. I miss Dennis, I wish old dnovo who turn up once in a while to razz me, BigMac seems finally to have ridden into the Tuscan sun, boy, what a smart guy he is, and there just has to be one more CSi out there for me. One for Rocco too, I bet, though it might have TCO.

dbrk

Rocco- You rock! Take care of Mira, as I know that she will take care of you!!

Saluki Sandy

OldDog
01-01-2006, 01:23 PM
I have a food hang over. been eating like a pig since the middle of December. .

Me to. Taking today to detox from food. Little champaign last night, lots of keilbasa and other goodies.

Great dog Douglas.

Wishing everyone the best for years to come.

bluesea
01-01-2006, 01:28 PM
I don't get hung over. I get Bloody Mary-ed and/or Menudo-ed.

Tailwinds
01-01-2006, 01:32 PM
My lungs were hanging over the handlebars climbing Lookout Mountain today.

Dekonick
01-01-2006, 01:45 PM
I had a diet coke to celebrate!

I did not have any calls in my entire 24 hour shift!

Happy new year!

csm
01-01-2006, 01:50 PM
not hung over exactly. am feeling a bit tired but the pork and sauerkraut aromas are wafting through the house. might be time soon for a glass of wine.
hard to believe it's 2006.

spiderlake
01-01-2006, 03:06 PM
No hangover here!!

Brewed a batch of dry stout yesterday and it is happily fermenting away as I type......

Had a few glasses of wine and topped the evening off last night with a beautiful cherry port from an Old Mission Peninsula winery.

No alcohol today although I am tempted after watching the Lions..... Fire Millen!!

Jeff N.
01-01-2006, 04:35 PM
My Chargers just flat SUCKED against the Broncos, in a meaningless game...but then Drew Brees gets his shoulder dislocated! What a friggin' waste.
I'm swearing off booze until after the Solvang Century in early March. Just something I decided to do. So no hangover for me. I've found that as I've gotten older, it takes almost a week for me to shake off hangovers. Jeff N.

Ginger
01-01-2006, 05:19 PM
Had a nice bottle of Vorvray during the celebration next door last night. No hangover this morning. Started the new year by getting locked out of the house at 3:00 am when the housemate forgot "don't lock the door, I'm only next door and I'm not taking my keys." If that's a preview, I think it might be "one of those years"

Dr. Doofus
01-01-2006, 05:42 PM
had 1/2 glass of champagne

did a 40 min TT today to get a baseline

rocked 3.93 watts/kilo

(and haven't started the tempo yet)

went with mrs. doof to check out candidates for our new arrival

(scouted a litter of 15 lab/golden mix puppies...will do 2 more "interviews"...mrs. doof wants to take them all home...)

Sandy
01-01-2006, 06:25 PM
Don't just scout the puppies. Scout the parents too. That will tell you a lot about the puppies.

Buying from a breeder? Guarantees on puppy? Health guarantee? Hips etc.?

Sandy

Dr. Doofus
01-01-2006, 06:47 PM
they were accidents of dog lust

a golden hooked up with a lab

15 kids are the result

we can visit the dam -- and the sire -- and we're going to do that

we'd rather go ahead and adopt one of these pups than let them go to the shelter

and by the way

spay and neuter your pets

our golden was an accident too...and we got lucky...she has a skinny frame and short hair for a golden, but good sound hips, and turned out smart as a whip and is the best athlete on this board (she's been pictured, so she's a forumite)...but people...c'mon...leave the retriever breeding up to real breeders who select for intelligence, health, temperament, and athleticism (don't get doof started on "pet" breeders who turn out oversized, dumb, lazy goldens who develop hip problems because those dogs are not supposed to be 90 pounds, damn it)...so....

spay and neuter your pets

Smiley
01-01-2006, 08:20 PM
The Skins cured my hang over :)

and what the Doof said , lets the pro's do the breeding they do their homework most often then not.

shoe
01-01-2006, 10:31 PM
today we joined the polar bear club in a swim in the ocean at coney island to wipe away the hangover that i didn't have....friends napping good food cold water nyc - 2006 so far so good....

shinomaster
01-02-2006, 01:54 AM
I should be hung over but I'm not sure...I was just tired all day today..

Had Belgian beer,

Italian sparkeling white wine

Korbel Sparkeling white wine

Then Champagne..(best)

SGP
01-02-2006, 11:31 AM
stayed in and sober. my 18 year old was out with her boy friend and my wife & i just knew that they were going to do something stupid and need bail...

csm
01-02-2006, 11:36 AM
did they need bail?

93legendti
01-02-2006, 11:41 AM
No hangover here!!

Brewed a batch of dry stout yesterday and it is happily fermenting away as I type......

Had a few glasses of wine and topped the evening off last night with a beautiful cherry port from an Old Mission Peninsula winery.

No alcohol today although I am tempted after watching the Lions..... Fire Millen!!

Yup, watching the Lions is like having a hangover. :) Mr. Ford, PLEASE sell the Lions to Bill Davidson.

93legendti
01-02-2006, 11:43 AM
stayed in and sober. my 18 year old was out with her boy friend and my wife & i just knew that they were going to do something stupid and need bail...

Did they need bail? Gosh, I hope not. We have a 3 year old daughter. I already ingrained in her this mantra: "No flirting with boys"!

SGP
01-02-2006, 12:08 PM
did they need bail?

no. god loves drunks, fools, and children. they were a combo platter of all of the above. one was sober and able to drive home, but my wife and i wanted them to stay were they were until first light. they didn't. i guess no harm no foul...

SGP
01-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Did they need bail? Gosh, I hope not. We have a 3 year old daughter. I already ingrained in her this mantra: "No flirting with boys"!

my wife tells are 11 year old boy that blondes are evil and kissing girls will make IT fall off. she has agreed to pay for the therapy. ;)

mwos
01-02-2006, 05:11 PM
My Chargers just flat SUCKED against the Broncos, in a meaningless game...but then Drew Brees gets his shoulder dislocated! What a friggin' waste.
I'm swearing off booze until after the Solvang Century in early March. Just something I decided to do. So no hangover for me. I've found that as I've gotten older, it takes almost a week for me to shake off hangovers. Jeff N.

Root for Denver, when they play it keeps our lift lines down! :)

Kathi

Tom
01-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Took two hours to start the bonfire (poplar trees and rain make for crappy fuel) but when it got going I felt lucky to have eyebrows left. Then we shot off leftover fireworks from my brother's 50th and they kind of went in the wrong directions so that was some fun. Then we went into the house and drank a lot of champagne. A real lot. Then I woke up with a headache.

Kevin
01-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Just got tickets for the Giants playoff game. They are in the front row, but in the corner of the end zone. I just have to hope that it is the active end zone.

Kevin

hybridbellbaske
01-02-2006, 09:46 PM
Just back on-line (well, back at work, but have spent just about the whole morning catching up on internet favourites) after Chrtistmas and New Year. Drank much more on NYE than I have for years.

Party at a friend's house about 4km from my SO's house so the plan was to walk home. I did'nt think it was possible to get lost in suburban Adelaide but we did. Much hilarity ensued.