PDA

View Full Version : 2000 US Postal Team Signed Jersey on display in Boston

moose8
09-04-2013, 12:37 PM
I was eating out last night in Boston at Brasserie Jo when I noticed they had a signed us postal jersey from the 2000 team. I just thought it was kind of cool/weird to see it so if anyone likes odd cycling paraphanelia it's on the wall to the left as you enter the place. I thought they were pretty much the greatest at the time, now not so much.

sales guy
09-04-2013, 01:21 PM
That depends on what you mean as "the greatest"?

Which opens up all sorts of debate.

BumbleBeeDave
09-04-2013, 02:24 PM
. . . sit there after the stages and autograph dozens, if not hundreds, of these jerseys, so no so much a "collector's item" as they would like you to believe.

BBD

eippo1
09-04-2013, 06:00 PM
I have a similar one as in a dope team jersey. The Liberty Seguros team after Heras won the Giro. 90% of the team tested positive, but I still like it

Sent from my PM23300 using Tapatalk

wc1934
09-04-2013, 07:41 PM
I have a similar one as in a dope team jersey. The Liberty Seguros team after Heras won the Giro. 90% of the team tested positive, but I still like it

Were you at Belmont wheelworks - The Liberty Team had a meet and greet there years ago - the team (Heras, Contador etc) signed their pictured cards - ended around 9 - general public had to leave, but the team and employees, friends stayed - they were like kids in a candy shop - were doing wheelies all around the shop - they were so young - seemed innocent etc.

MattTuck
09-04-2013, 07:56 PM
Were you at Belmont wheelworks - The Liberty Team had a meet and greet there years ago - the team (Heras, Contador etc) signed their pictured cards - ended around 9 - general public had to leave, but the team and employees, friends stayed - they were like kids in a candy shop - were doing wheelies all around the shop - they were so young - seemed innocent etc.

Since I've been going there, there's not enough room in that shop to do a single Wheelie! let alone multiple wheelies... must have been a long time ago, or they cleared a lot of floor space :)

likebikes
09-04-2013, 07:59 PM
I'm in boston and I have a signed usps team cap.

oldpotatoe
09-05-2013, 07:07 AM
. . . sit there after the stages and autograph dozens, if not hundreds, of these jerseys, so no so much a "collector's item" as they would like you to believe.

BBD

??? Even if Eddy signed 'hundreds' of jerseys or pictures or his team did or Fassa Bartolo did or even PDM or RadioShack of today, it's still not common, interesting and I think it would be cool to have one in a bike shop(I do have Fassa team signed jersey when Pearl Izumi was sponsoring)..

Not worth thousands but still very 'collectible'.

William
09-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Since I've been going there, there's not enough room in that shop to do a single Wheelie! let alone multiple wheelies... must have been a long time ago, or they cleared a lot of floor space :)

Or, they were just really, really good.;)

William

echelon_john
09-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Did you notice excess facial hair or an extra spring in your step after your meal?

eippo1
09-09-2013, 07:02 AM
Duplicate post

eippo1
09-09-2013, 07:04 AM

yup, that's when I got it. Yah I was there for a bit after everyone else left due to knowing one of the guys that worked for the team. Was pretty funny with them and all the employees running amok. I think they all got drunk off of one beer being so small and having no tolerance.

Also Matt, I didn't work there then, but have worked there for years since (part time now) and when we do events, we clear out the front racks as they are all on wheels. Fun event was when they did a thing celebrating the advent of mtn biking. Gary Fisher is a pretty funny guy.

eippo1
09-09-2013, 07:09 AM