PDA

View Full Version : Backyard mountain bike trail

mcallen
09-04-2013, 08:43 AM
I need to work on my skills for upcoming 'cross races, so I headed out to some of the local trails. Living in north-central Indiana, I've never thought much of the mountain biking (I've lived out east and west). However, I just discovered a really nice trail that a local resident has built in his backyard. His property drops down quite a bit in the back, and he has a few miles of trails worked into the grass and woods, with a variety of obstacles. I had tons of fun and now I'm itchin' to race!

The best part--free and open to the public.

Video of trail here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUYvOHbaVUM) (not mine and definitely not my music).

pdmtong
09-04-2013, 11:41 PM
that backyard is not possible here in silicon valley unless you own a $10M house. fantastic job and looks like a blast. I would love to rail that.

mtb_frk
09-05-2013, 05:32 AM
Any idea on how much land he has? I am working on mine own backyard trail as well.

coffeecake
09-05-2013, 09:35 AM
Fun area - you can hit four trails in one ride. Haan -> Murdock -> McCormick -> ampitheater.

AngryScientist
09-05-2013, 09:40 AM
that backyard is not possible here in silicon valley unless you own a $10M house..

and an additional 10M in liability insurance.

chriscap
09-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Also curious about the size of the land. I've been planning out something for my backyard as well. I think I might be able to get a decent loop cut on my property - at the very least a small trail to ride with my daughters.