PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Coors Light Questions

StephenCL
01-01-2006, 12:42 AM
I have some questions for the group, so please indulge me.

I own a coors light bike from the 1993 season. The team used two options for forks that year. The first was the traditional steel fork, which I have and use.

The second was a Kestrel EMS fork. Races where I know that fork was used in 1993 included Core States and the Kmart classic.

The steel fork featured one set of Serotta decals on the front blade. The EMS fork used two. The question is, does anyone have a close up photo of the EMS fork with the twin Serotta logos? Or, if no photo, does any know how these were laid out on the fork? Also, does anyone know the name of the purple/blue color that was used? I am trying to have a Kestrel fork painted up to match my existing frame.

Next question is regarding color schemes. Does anyone know what the difference in the yellows were between 1992 and 1993? The Yellow for 1993 appears to be darker than in 1992. Also, does anyone know the name of the red that was used? I would like to have a CSi or Legend Ti painted in the 1992 Yellow and Red Scheme to go with the 1993 bike. I have slowly been collecting jerseys/trading cards etc... from this era..

Thanks again for your help.

Happy New Year!

Stephen

sw3759
01-01-2006, 05:00 AM
Stephen,
I have a 53L 94' Legend Ti with the purple and yellow Coors paint and a Kestrel fork.It has yellow vertical Serotta decals midway up on the front of the blades.sorry no digital camera but maybe i can borrow one to post a pic if no one else does.
the 92' yellow was fluorescent and the 93'/94' was more a Corvette yellow.
the team forks also had a white vertical Kestrel decal i think on the front with yellow serotta on the sides.i will have to dig up an old Winning magazine to confirm that.
i need some photos anyway as i would like to sell it since it has not been ridden in 10 years.i never did warm up to Ti.

Happy New Year folks..
Scott

StephenCL
01-01-2006, 07:35 AM
Please read your PM.

Stephen

Keith A
01-01-2006, 09:52 AM
Here's a picture of a frameset with a steel fork that was posted previously on this forum...
http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=86&stc=1

shinomaster
01-02-2006, 12:06 AM
Oh good...I thought this post was about old beer. I saw Davis Phinny race one of those a long time ago...He seemed like such a swell guy!