PDA

View Full Version : Bike shops in Provo?

Keith A
09-03-2013, 03:32 PM
Any recommendations for a good trustworthy LBS in Provo?

54ny77
09-03-2013, 04:12 PM
provo? is that wedged in between wyoming and nevada?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbFzWnMZosc

Keith A
09-03-2013, 04:22 PM
I'm pretty sure that's where it is located :rolleyes:

dogdriver
09-03-2013, 04:29 PM
FWIW, take the drive up to SLC for Contender. Great shop, owner Ryan is total salt of the earth.

Ralph
09-03-2013, 04:59 PM
I think Provo is a pretty nice city.

lookout2015
09-03-2013, 05:00 PM
FWIW, take the drive up to SLC for Contender. Great shop, owner Ryan is total salt of the earth.

Contender was great, and so was Saturday Cycles (both in SLC). Contender's more the high-end, Saturday more specializes in steel of all sorts, touring, etc

I don't recall shops in Provo that stood out but I didn't get down there much when I lived in SLC

lookout2015
09-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Contender was great, and so was Saturday Cycles (both in SLC). Contender's more the high-end, Saturday more specializes in steel of all sorts, touring, etc

I don't recall shops in Provo that stood out but I didn't get down there much when I lived in SLC

BTW, if you're just looking for a long-established local shop there is a small local chain with several branches throughout the Wasatch front -- Bingham Cyclery. There's one in Provo according to their web site

Keith A
09-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the info so far...but I'm really hoping to find something in Provo.

CunegoFan
09-03-2013, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the info so far...but I'm really hoping to find something in Provo.

There is a Bingham's right in downtown Provo on the main street that runs east to west through the "historic" downtown. It is one block east of the police station. There is a Mad Dog a bit east of BYU campus. I cannot vouch for either. The Mad Dog I went into was a Trek shop and I thought I was going to have an allergic reaction to all the Bontrager stuff. It has been a long time since I went into a Bingham's.