PDA

View Full Version : Advice, lost Campagnolo Record chainring bolts

Marz
08-31-2013, 10:21 PM
Yep, didn't tighten them well so lost three Campagnolo Record chainring bolts, Torx 30, for square taper carbon crankset, .

Replaced chainrings and was going to tighten them properly when the crankset was mounted. Forget and went for a ride etc.

Looking for replacements and not averse to getting aftermarket bolts if Campagnolo bolts are prohibitively expensive.

Will 11 speed bolts work?

Will aftermarkets be OK? Hidden bolt is still there.

Thanks in anticipation.

FlashUNC
08-31-2013, 10:30 PM
11 speed bolts wil not work if memory serves. Those thread directly into the rings.

kramnnim
08-31-2013, 11:01 PM
11 speed bolts wil not work if memory serves. Those thread directly into the rings.

My first-gen-11sp Chorus cranks have normal bolts/nuts.

weiwentg
09-01-2013, 05:34 AM
For a square taper crank with a 110mm or 135mm BCD, I believe that any standard chainring bolts will work. Even SRAM bolts.

Marz
09-01-2013, 05:50 AM
Thanks, sounds good to me.

If anyone has any original Campagnolo Torx bolts they need to offload, I'll consider them before I go the aftermarket route.

sales guy
09-01-2013, 07:03 AM
I don't need to offload them. But I have a set of new FSA torx bolts in black for a double. It's all 5 in a kit.

oldpotatoe
09-01-2013, 07:06 AM
Yep, didn't tighten them well so lost three Campagnolo Record chainring bolts, Torx 30, for square taper carbon crankset, .

Replaced chainrings and was going to tighten them properly when the crankset was mounted. Forget and went for a ride etc.

Looking for replacements and not averse to getting aftermarket bolts if Campagnolo bolts are prohibitively expensive.

Will 11 speed bolts work?

Will aftermarkets be OK? Hidden bolt is still there.

Thanks in anticipation.

11s ones from 2011 will work as they are 2 parter, like the ones you have. Athena ones also, just no 'campagnolo' written on them..

shops that 'qui si parla Campagnolo' has them...

Marz
09-01-2013, 07:18 AM
11s ones from 2011 will work as they are 2 parter, like the ones you have. Athena ones also, just no 'campagnolo' written on them..

shops that 'qui si parla Campagnolo' has them...

How much dollars for them? Much?

oldpotatoe
09-01-2013, 07:23 AM
How much dollars for them? Much?

$8 per nut/bolt, black..plus shipping. Since you are 'down under', I would think you could find something there-no?

Marz
09-01-2013, 07:36 AM
Is there a difference in metal between Athena and Record, steel vs aluminium perhaps?

I'll inquire in my home town, but am constantly amazed that I can get better deals from US including shipping. The LBSs here price Campagnolo gear as if it was made of gold. In 2006 I remember seeing a pair of new Chorus 10 speed levers displayed in a glass case for $650 AUD!

oldpotatoe
09-01-2013, 07:43 AM
I'll inquire in my home town, but am constantly amazed that I can get better deals from US including shipping. The LBSs here price Campagnolo gear as if it was made of gold. In 2006 I remember seeing a pair of new Chorus 10 speed levers displayed in a glass case for $650 AUD!

yowser...

pm sent so as not to appear to be a 'guerilla'