PDA

View Full Version : Boure Pro bibs - excellence at a reasonable price

HenryA
08-31-2013, 12:45 PM
Just got some Boure Pro bibs this week and got in the first ride today. Three hours in the saddle and I am completely satisfied with my new bib shorts. Great chamois and padding, just the right thickness. No "sanitary napkin feel"' with perfect fit in the crotch, so no bunching. The bib straps are nice and stretchy. Leg openings are big enough for my big ol thighs. Can't find a thing I don't like about them.

The price is very reasonable and they're made right here in the good ol' USA..

http://www.boure.com/

rePhil
08-31-2013, 01:04 PM
I agree. Great products.

Just got some Boure Pro bibs this week and got in the first ride today. Three hours in the saddle and I am completely satisfied with my new bib shorts. Great chamois and padding, just the right thickness. No "sanitary napkin feel"' with perfect fit in the crotch, so no bunching. The bib straps are nice and stretchy. Leg openings are big enough for my big ol thighs. Can't find a thing I don't like about them.

The price is very reasonable and they're made right here in the good ol' USA..

http://www.boure.com/

oddsaabs
08-31-2013, 02:59 PM
Love my Boure's. Great folks, excellent product.

CNY rider
08-31-2013, 03:23 PM
I have Boure jerseys, and socks, all top notch.
Can not wear the bibs. The seams have my nether region in pain within minutes.
Bums me out cause I otherwise love their stuff.

echelon_john
08-31-2013, 04:10 PM
I'm with you. Love their stuff, and the quality/price ratio is great. But mini-me and the twins get bummed out by the shorts.

Seramount
08-31-2013, 04:47 PM
I have a pair of Boure shorts...not their top model, but the next tier down. don't recall what their name for it is...

they're fairly meh. both the lycra and the chamois feel kind of wimpy and light-duty.

only wear them when all of my AeroTech (also made in US) shorts are in the laundry queue...they're an excellent product and half the price of the Boures.

binxnyrwarrsoul
08-31-2013, 04:50 PM

OtayBW
08-31-2013, 04:52 PM
JGreat chamois and padding, just the right thickness. No "sanitary napkin feel"' with perfect fit in the crotch, so no bunching.
That right there is enough for me to try them. Thanks.

Vientomas
08-31-2013, 06:32 PM
Great stuff. Have the same bibs as well as jerseys, arm warmers, vest and socks. Made in USA and nice folks as well.

gone
08-31-2013, 08:26 PM
I've got a couple of pairs of the elites. To put it briefly, I've got my shorts/bibs separated into three piles:

Forty miles or less
Forty miles to a century
Multiple hundred mile days

The Boures are in the first pile. They're OK but not great IMHO. I understand though that a lot of people like the Pros better than the Elites so I may try a set of Pros.

dekindy
08-31-2013, 08:44 PM
I've got a couple of pairs of the elites. To put it briefly, I've got my shorts/bibs separated into three piles:

Forty miles or less
Forty miles to a century
Multiple hundred mile days

The Boures are in the first pile. They're OK but not great IMHO. I understand though that a lot of people like the Pros better than the Elites so I may try a set of Pros.

My sentiment exactly. I have riding friends, male and female, that really like Boure so probably need to try the Pro. However I like Voler for all the same reasons as the OP expresses for Boure so Voler is my choice.

rwsaunders
08-31-2013, 09:45 PM

I second this experience. I love the fit, material and straps on the bibs. The seams in the chamois, though are tolerable for me up to about a 40-50 mile ride. Sometimes I wonder if the person who designed the chamois actually rides a bike.

DRietz
09-01-2013, 11:17 AM
Sometimes I wonder if the person who designed the chamois actually rides a bike.

Yup, I'm pretty sure ol' Ned Overend rides a bike.

http://www.dirtragmag.com/userfiles/ned3.jpg

rwsaunders
09-01-2013, 12:01 PM
If he wore the same chamois that I have in my Boure bibs, they'd call him Shred...:cool:

rwsaunders
10-07-2013, 08:40 PM
I'm having some crow for dinner and it's quite tasty.

After writing about my disappointment with the Boure chamois, I decided to write to Drew and share my experience, as I really liked everything about the bibs but the chamois. No questions asked, Drew requested that I return the bibs so that he could take a look at them.

Following a few emails back and forth, he recommended that he replace the chamois with another model and my bibs were back to me in about 5-7 days. You know I had to get some long miles in this weekend just to test ride the new chamois. Ride report...no doubt that the new chamois are close to perfection for me.

I sent him an email earlier thanking him for his commitment to making things right and sent payment for the postage. He didn't ask for it but it feels like it's the right thing to do.

Cheers Drew.

Vientomas
10-07-2013, 08:47 PM
What did Drew replace the original chamois with?

fiamme red
10-07-2013, 08:50 PM
What did Drew replace the original chamois with?I'll bet with the Elite chamois, which is seamless.

http://www.boure.com/faq.html

The Pro chamois has an Ultrasuede covering so that it mimics the feel of leather. We designed and make this chamois here at our shop. The concept remains that an artificial leather acts like a real leather chamois. It stays more moist and provides a natural lubrication, cooling and moves like your skin. In order to make this chamois fit the contours of the buttocks saddle interface, we have to put two curved pieces of flat material together to create a curved, potato-chip-like surface. This necessitates a seam down the center to create the curves. Additionally, the women's version has evolved, from customer comments, to include a void of the Ultrasuede down the center to provide a more comfortable and breathable area.

rwsaunders
10-07-2013, 09:06 PM
What did Drew replace the original chamois with?

According to his email, the Pro chamois. It looks and feels a bit old school but it does the trick. For reference, they are the Elite bibs linked below.

http://www.boure.com/1502.html

Vientomas
10-07-2013, 10:17 PM
Upon closer review, I am using the Elite shorts. I had a pair of the Pro shorts with the ultra-suede chamois some years ago, but I prefer the elastic Elite chamois over the ultra-suede found in the Pro shorts.

Boure has great customer service and a great return policy. Plus you can call or email and talk to the head cheese. I have found that the folks there are very approachable and accommodating. Made in the USA too. :banana: