PDA

View Full Version : buyer beware, Pedimoto

bicycletricycle
08-30-2013, 04:15 PM
small builder who works in England and in Florida. Everything seemed to go well, then i got the frame. The paint was a rush job and was in pour shape. I contacted him and he offered to refund me the price of a new paint job. Since that point in time he has not responded to emails. I paid through paypal but i have waited too long to register a dispute, my fault.

just thought i would let you guys know just in case someone else is thinking of getting one.

rice rocket
08-30-2013, 04:32 PM
If you paid on a card, you can initiate a dispute/chargeback through them, and they'll go after Paypal, who will go after the seller (provided you're within the chargeback timeframe too).

markie
08-30-2013, 07:00 PM
Can we have pictures? How was the frame otherwise?

(Not wanting to stir the hornets nest, but I am curious how the custom process can end up going wrong)

sw3759
08-30-2013, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the heads up,had never heard of this builder

bicycletricycle
08-31-2013, 05:58 AM
Bike went in the box before paint was fully cured, packaging screwed paint up, has this happen once before with a Waterford as well.

GeekBoy
08-31-2013, 07:20 PM
Ouch, that's a rookie mistake by the builder... are you keeping it and repainting locally?

bicycletricycle
08-31-2013, 09:10 PM
No choice really, can't send it back, dude stopped communicating. I'll get circle a to repaint it, the are local and great .