PDA

View Full Version : Park Tool BBT-22C

chengher87
08-29-2013, 06:51 PM
Was trying to find out what was causing a creaking on my bike today (long story short, it was the seat-post). So I started out with crank bolts, crank arms, yadda yadda yadda, still creaking. So then I take apart the drivetrain and grease the threads of my bottom bracket. T

he Park Tool BBT-22C doesn't fit quite as well into my bottom bracket and so I look up pictures just to see if people are experiencing the same thing. Nope, the tool goes in completely straight and they seem to smoothly tighten and loosen the bottom bracket cups. Mine doesn't stay on straight and I have to force the tool to stay straight with one hand, while simultaneously turning with the other. It's really a pain in the ass because I am slow stripping the splines on the cup.

How does the tool stay on so straight on the youtube videos and google images? Did I get a lemon? Not that there's anything wrong with that, because it still works, but instead of staying on straight the splined head droops downward making in a PITA. HTFU I know.