PDA

View Full Version : Vuelta a Espana Stage 6 (Spoilers!)

chengher87
08-29-2013, 10:07 AM
What a Damn Shame! Tony Martin was in the lead by himself for most of the stage (100+km) and he gets pipped 50 meters from the line. Unbelievable!

That was an exciting flat stage.

lhuerta
08-29-2013, 12:33 PM
Yes, great last few Kms. Anyone know who the OmegaPharma rider was that tried to block the Argos train at Km 1.5, almost pushing rider into the barriers (see http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/vuelta-ciclista-a-espana/danes-morkov-gana-sexta-etapa-nibali-sigue-lider/2007980/)...genius, albeit obvious block, to help Tony, but failed in the end. Lou

aznred
08-29-2013, 07:23 PM
for the last 3km, I simply stood infront of the computer, started yelling when Tony Martin was fighting for the last 1km, and then the finish line came

where the commentator said something inside of him died a little and I couldn't agree more

aaronf
08-29-2013, 09:26 PM
“I can’t complain, he got seventh, that’s the best result he’s ever got in a bunch sprint,” [OPQS] team sports director Jan Schaffrath joked to Cyclingnews. “He never ran a top ten in a sprint before!”

sitzmark
08-30-2013, 05:57 AM
Just one hell of a ride by TM.

Surely a few RD's were sweating bullets for the last few km's - 8/9 sec gap lasted for a lot longer than anyone expected. Couldn't have been any closer. Literally 10m from the finish - heartbreak.