PDA

View Full Version : Just finished the yearly rebuilding of one of my bikes

Ralph
08-28-2013, 11:35 AM
This was the one I call my daily rider. The one I sweat on most days on my daily rides. Jonathan Greene custom steel frame, mostly Campagnolo Centaur 10 speed parts, Power TQ shifters, 39-52 square taper crankset, 13-26 rear cassette, WCS Ritchey aluminum bar, stem, and seat post, and Centaur hubs with some old Campy 32 hole rims with Gator Skins. It never fails me.

But with constant sweat and some wet riding, it was getting kinda icky and cables ere getting rusty and clogged, no matter how often I clean it up and wipe it down with WD 40 and other cleaning tools. So took it down to it's tiniest nut and bolt for redoing.

Point of this post....I am just amazed how well this 10's Power TQ shifts with new cables and housing. I'm real picky about making sure it's all lubes up, housing ends square and free, etc. But shifting is just amazing with these Campy parts. You can complain about the no dump feature, for those that miss that, but otherwise this is one fine shifting and riding machine. For those considering the lower level Campy parts, and don't need the dump feature (or never had it with Shimano), you don't need to fear using Athena 11 or Centaur/Veloce 10.

oliver1850
08-28-2013, 02:24 PM
I put Veloce 10 with Centaur Power Shift Ergos on my Kirk. Basically what I could afford in terms of new parts. It works as well as my friend's Chorus 11 as far as I can tell (excepting the multiple shift capability of course). Chorus would have to come down a lot in price for me to be able to justify the expense.

fogrider
08-29-2013, 12:16 AM
I put veloce on my daughter's bike, if you want to shift three down, just triple tap it!