PDA

View Full Version : Castelli Climbers Jersey Fit

Raffy
08-22-2013, 05:53 PM
So I RMA'ed a Castelli Fuga Jersey in XL and I was sent a Classica Jersey in XL too but it was waay to loose in the chest and arm area. Alledgedly, both are race fit and the kinda warranty lady was surprised they fit differently. I asked to have a Climbers Jersey in XL instead as I have a feeling that it's more snug and I live in scorching Florida anyway. I've sent the jersey back and they should be ready to ship the replacement as soon as they get my package.

Does anyone here have any feedback on the Climbers jersey fit? Particularly in comparison to the Castelli Fuga and Prima jersey, both of which I need an XL in. I'm a stubby little fireplug, 5'3'', 155 lbs.

Thanks in advance!

rnhood
08-22-2013, 06:45 PM
I am 6'1" and the climbers jersey in XL fits me perfect. I can't help but think it might be a bit loose on you. But if your chest is broader than the typical man your size, the XL might be the right fit. Remember the Climbers jersey has borrowed some of the Aero Castelli fit, which means its snug.

I actually like the Pearl Izumi Elite Climbers jersey better. It seems to breath just a little better, though no jersey is comfortable in really hot weather.

rice rocket
08-22-2013, 06:53 PM
Holdup. 5'3, 155 and you're wearing XL? :eek: Pics?

Castelli does have weird sizing, but I'm the same weight and only 2-3" taller, and medium is the largest I'd ever go (small in most other brands).

Raffy
08-22-2013, 07:18 PM
No pics handy but I'm pretty chunky at 155 (at least that's what I tell myself). Decent/lean forearms, a little fat on my tris, built up shoulders and chest but puffy in the midsection and muscular quads for my size.

For reference:
Bibs - Medium for almost everything except Castelli Aero bibs which seem to be at least 1 size smaller. Might even fit into small on the non super-compressive models.
Italian Jerseys - XL for Castelli and DeMarchi
Club Jerseys - Borderline Small/Medium
Pearl Izumi Jerseys - Borderline Medium/Large

Sucks to have a gut, I guess :)

PS. For gym clothes I am comfortably medium all the way around: shirt, shorts, compression shirt/shorts. Of course, the compression shirts highlight my stomach more than anything.

beercan
08-22-2013, 08:09 PM
measure your chest and you might get a better idea of their jersey fit, I think you are a large but people like their jersey to fit a certain way right?

Raffy
08-23-2013, 07:07 AM
I measured my chest and I just realized I lost almost 2 inches in the past 6 months or so!

Checking the Castelli fit chart, it looks like Large fits my chest and waist numbers better. Thanks for all the feedback!

rice rocket
08-23-2013, 08:51 AM
Castelli only has one fit chart for all their clothing, and it's pretty clear that nothing fits the other. :)

weiwentg
08-23-2013, 09:22 AM
No pics handy but I'm pretty chunky at 155 (at least that's what I tell myself). Decent/lean forearms, a little fat on my tris, built up shoulders and chest but puffy in the midsection and muscular quads for my size.

For reference:
Bibs - Medium for almost everything except Castelli Aero bibs which seem to be at least 1 size smaller. Might even fit into small on the non super-compressive models.
Italian Jerseys - XL for Castelli and DeMarchi
Club Jerseys - Borderline Small/Medium
Pearl Izumi Jerseys - Borderline Medium/Large

Sucks to have a gut, I guess :)

PS. For gym clothes I am comfortably medium all the way around: shirt, shorts, compression shirt/shorts. Of course, the compression shirts highlight my stomach more than anything.

In other words, you are built very much unlike other cyclists who would fit into something with a race cut. The Castelli jersey you mentioned probably is race fit. You might just have to live with it.

FWIW, I am about your height and 30lbs lighter. Bike wear in race fit fits well, but all my suits and most of my shirts have to be tailored or custom to fit well (or bought in Asia off the rack). Even Brooks Brothers extra slim fit is too baggy in the gut.