PDA

View Full Version : David Kirk Online?

jpw
03-05-2004, 02:31 PM
David Kirk,

I love 'your' DKS suspension design. It has your name, but it's not your patent, right?

You must find that a little frustrating, no?

jpw
03-05-2004, 02:36 PM
i think he left.

Too controversial perhaps. Umm.

David Kirk
03-05-2004, 03:47 PM
Hey there,

You leave for a few hours and see what happens........

I'm proud of the work I did at Serotta during my 10 year stay. We did a lot of good things. And yes I'm most proud of the DKS. It does have a patent and no I'm not the owner of the patent. Serotta owns the patent.

Is this frustrating ? Yes and no. Yes, because I think the design has real merit and possibilities to be refined .......no, because I was treated very fairly by Serotta and compensated well for my time and ideas.

In a perfect world I'd like to see Serotta take the time to refine the concept a bit and make it even better......but it's not a perfect world and product development is a very expensive undertaking. It's not really cost justified because they will never sell enough of them (DKS's) to recover the upfront costs.

One thing that I'd like everyone to know is that Serotta takes good care of it's employees. They are paid well and treated with respect. I think Ben feels it's his responsiblity to make sure that the folks that work for the company can afford to buy a house and raise a family. I can tell you for sure that this is not the industry norm. I think potential buyers should consider that fact when they chose a bike..........someone built it..........how were they treated ? Did they breath fresh air and have good health care ?

Off the soap box for now,

Thanks for asking,

Dave

Smiley
03-05-2004, 09:08 PM
I think that the lucky few of us that have attended the Open House events can attest to the kind of employee's Serotta has and can also attest to the fact that Serotta seems to my eye nurture a great family atmosphere at work there. I for one will cherish my Hor's Categorie for many years to come cause I realize how special it is and thank you for being a bit off center for thinking up the DKS system.