PDA

View Full Version : Mavic Plasma Helmet

norcalbiker
08-12-2013, 03:45 PM
Any input about this helmet? I need a new lid.
I am currently using Giro Ionos.

Birddog
08-12-2013, 04:24 PM
I just received one I ordered, an SL I think. It is heavier than my Bell Volt and considerably larger around the outside. It' going back as I don't really care for how it looks. Oh vanity!

VPI
08-12-2013, 05:48 PM
I have one but the fit and weight have always kept it as a back up.

norcalbiker
08-12-2013, 05:56 PM
I just received one I ordered, an SL I think. It is heavier than my Bell Volt and considerably larger around the outside. It' going back as I don't really care for how it looks. Oh vanity!

I have one but the fit and weight have always kept it as a back up.

Sounds like I am going to stay Giro Ionos.

Thanks guys!

rando
08-12-2013, 06:19 PM
Love my Plasma SLR and the way it fits. Vents really well too.

Didn't like any of the Giro I tried on and almost went with and S-Works. The Mavic was a great find as none of the other brands fit. Was definitely a purchase not based on marketing or lack of thought. I've only had it a month or but the weight hasn't snapped my neck or held me back in any way.

:rolleyes:

My Prolight is great for Winter riding but I wanted something for road construction season. If you own one that makes perfects sense, elastic instead of a buckle lets it bounce.

pro12tc
08-12-2013, 09:20 PM
I replaced my Bell Volt with the Plasma SLR and I like it much better than the Volt. I have read that it's heavier than the Volt, but I don't feel the weight difference. What I do like over the Volt is the venting of the Plasma. Seems to ride a lot cooler.

My wife also thinks it looks better than all of the other helmets I've owned. More low-profile and less like a donut on your head... if that kind of is important to you.

kurto
08-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Good helmet. Here's a thread from earlier this summer http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=131709&highlight=Plasma

oldpotatoe
08-13-2013, 07:27 AM
Any input about this helmet? I need a new lid.
I am currently using Giro Ionos.

If it fits(try one on), they are fine and dandy. They run a little small and for big mellons, there are none for that size but like most madeinasia helmets, they are fine.