PDA

View Full Version : Conti GP 4K tread wear indicators....

Headwinds
12-25-2005, 08:26 PM
I understand that the new Conti GP 4000 have tread wear indicators.

I could not see where exactly these indicators are on the tire as it is not indicated on the tire instructions or on the Continental web site.

I see, however, these two small marks on the tread that look like two tiny craters. Are these the tread wear indicators?

Thanks!

dirtdigger88
12-25-2005, 08:35 PM
glad you posted this- i just got a set of these and have been trying to figure it out myself-

I wondered if the indicators dont show at all until the tread wears some-

it seem odd that Conti makes a point to put them on the tires but they dont explain to the consumer what to look for

Jason

Grant McLean
12-25-2005, 09:49 PM
glad you posted this- i just got a set of these and have been trying to figure it out myself-

I wondered if the indicators dont show at all until the tread wears some-

it seem odd that Conti makes a point to put them on the tires but they dont explain to the consumer what to look for

Jason

Yup, they is holes.

How much "explaination" do holes need? Maybe an owners manual
on a dvd with video? It's tread depth guys, it's not rocket surgery!

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=152846&postcount=21

-gee

Adent
12-25-2005, 10:10 PM
Yes, the little craters are the tread wear indicators. Also, if you look very closely at the sidewall, you should be able to find the initials TWI and a little triangle pointing toward the craters.

dirtdigger88
12-25-2005, 10:18 PM
Yup, they is holes.

How much "explaination" do holes need? Maybe an owners manual
on a dvd with video? It's tread depth guys, it's not rocket surgery!

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=152846&postcount=21

-gee

easy tiger

maybe too much egg nogg for you today-

jason

Sandy
12-25-2005, 10:21 PM
Agreed.

Sandy

Headwinds
12-26-2005, 12:14 AM
Yup, they is holes....

Geez,

We is so dumb in theez forem!

I figure that since Continental uses a huge piece of paper to tell you all about mounting their tires, all the legal verbiage, etc. I think they could have also written a line or two about where to find the TWI....

BTW, a DVD with Jan Ulrich or one of them podium girls explaining where to find the TWI would have been very nice indeed :butt: