PDA

View Full Version : so, did you over-eat today?

Climb01742
12-25-2005, 07:14 PM
oh yeah. rode two hours then ate...and ate...and ate some more. my real downfall? apple crumb pie. how about you?

rodenmg
12-25-2005, 07:15 PM
oh yeah. rode two hours then ate...and ate...and ate some more. my real downfall? apple crumb pie. how about you?

What do you mean ate? Still eating.

dirtdigger88
12-25-2005, 07:17 PM
just finished over eating for the forth or fifth time today

Jason

dave thompson
12-25-2005, 07:27 PM
Not yet. 7.5lb Prime Rib still slow-roasting in the oven while I'm building the companion Caesar Salad. A bottle of Hedges Family Estate Red Mountain Two Vinyards Red is decanted. And I'm really hungry! Film at 11:00.

MRB
12-25-2005, 07:44 PM
My family had Christmas - Eve dinner with my parents last nite, but today I have the flu or something. No Christmas dinner for me today at the in-laws.

I could have rallied, but my wife took my temperature and it was 99.8. It's amazing what Thera-Flu and a shot of Whisky can do to get you on your feet!!

I seldom get sick, and never of Jesus' Birthday.... :crap:

Please do me a HUGE favor and eat for me HUGE.

- John

Ginger
12-25-2005, 08:37 PM
I usually don't overeat on Christmas. My family does a buffet thing with a honey baked something and lots of crudites/veggies and desserts. Being Celiac, I avoid just about all of it, but this year my friend who owns a wheat-free bakery in town made some gluten free cookies for me to take with me to my family gathering so there would be something there I could eat. The pecan sandies were especially good. All of them. *sigh*

That and I made a batch of eggnog w/rum to take with me and I forgot it in the fridge here at home OOPS. Maybe I'll have a glass after I get off the trainer. :)

djg
12-25-2005, 08:40 PM
Yep. Entirely reasonable breakfast. Then out for the traditional chinese restaurant meal with peking duck for lunch, then an evening with friends, who served a very good, and very large christmas dinner (and a '61 St. Emillion). 30 minutes on the rollers. Might not have cut it.

Tomorrow we're throwing a hanukah party and things could be worse. I've made 15 lbs of brisket already. Spent an hour peeling taters today. Got a case of wine. I'm thinking that this is the stuff that caloric deposits are made of.

chappy cholidays to all and to all a good night.

dave thompson
12-25-2005, 08:59 PM
Yum.

shaq-d
12-26-2005, 08:39 AM
Yum.

salt outer layer.. roll it around..wait for prime rib to reach room temp while preheating oven at 400/450/500.. then put rib in pan uncovered and sear for 15 mins..turn down to 250.. wait the rest of the day...

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

sd

Dr. Doofus
12-26-2005, 08:42 AM
ate a bunch of flavorless, greasy, down south honky sheeyat

now the doof is craving real food...gotta hit the ethiopian place tonight

Ozz
12-26-2005, 09:36 AM
Yum.
Father-in-law was sick, so they didn't come over....prime rib stayed in fridge.

Had to settle for crab cakes, potato/leek/fennel au gratin, spinach/garlic/raisin/pine nuts & lemon, with apple/cranberry pie for dessert.

Washed it down with Woodward Canyon Cab (2000).

Prime rib goes to my folks tomorrow...where we do it all over again. :beer:

bluesea
12-26-2005, 10:23 AM
Kobe Steakhouse on the eve, and an angus ribroast last night.

pale scotsman
12-26-2005, 10:37 AM
Dang Dave, that looks good!!!

Kevan
12-26-2005, 10:40 AM
Campagne! Campagne! Campagne! Campagne!

Ooooooooooo..... I'm feeling a bit beaten about the edges this morning.

davep
12-26-2005, 02:21 PM
Have to agree with Kevan - even if he doesn't know how to spell it :). We (extended family) must have gone thorugh at least a case of champagne between Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Along with waaaaay too much good food. I did get a three hour ride in Saturday morning, so that made up for at least part of what I ate.

davids
12-26-2005, 04:11 PM
...but we did the stereotypical urban Jew thing and had Chinese. From the best Chinese restaurant I know of, Chef Chang's in Brookline. Cold Sesame Noodles, Hot & Sour Soup, Brocolli in Garlic Sauce, Orange Flavored Chicken, and Mu Shi Pork. Yes, I ate too much.

We ate it in the living room, and watched "Breaking Away". I bought it for $10.00. Any of you guys ever hear of it? It's got some cycling in it! (Seriously, I hadn't seen it in years. It's a really good movie, and not just because of that pretty Masi.)

93legendti
12-26-2005, 04:22 PM

The best potato Latkes I have ever had were my downfall--too many!!

cpg
12-27-2005, 09:36 AM
For me it was my homemade pasta smothered with shrimp alfredo, homemade of course. Sure I ate too much but I made it so I'm entitled, right?

Curt

OldDog
12-27-2005, 09:44 AM
Did I over eat? BUUUUUURRRRPPPPPP!!!!!! We won't go there.

MartyE
12-27-2005, 10:34 AM
potato latkes with sour cream, I just can't help myself
and the brisket was to die for

hell yeah I over ate

marty

Ozz
12-27-2005, 10:44 AM
The best potato Latkes I have ever had were my downfall--too many!!
I made some latkes using both regular and sweet potatoes last year...best I've ever had. Went well with beef tenderloin and a nice brunello. :beer:

george
12-27-2005, 10:28 PM
...We ate it in the living room, and watched "Breaking Away". I bought it for $10.00. Any of you guys ever hear of it? It's got some cycling in it! (Seriously, I hadn't seen it in years. It's a really good movie, and not just because of that pretty Masi.)

"refund, refund, REFUND, REFUND, REFUND, REFUND, REFUND"

shinomaster
12-27-2005, 10:44 PM
I always over eat...I must have the fat gene.. I oinked out on Christmas on ham, stuffing veggies, new mexican red chile....and tonight on my stellar Mexican food. For a white-trash himbo I make good salty mexican food