PDA

View Full Version : Jens back for '14

thwart
08-09-2013, 08:05 PM
Best news I've heard all week.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/08/news/voigt-says-hell-race-in-2014-and-then-retire_298620

christian
08-09-2013, 08:08 PM
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/3300000/Three-Wise-Monkeys-wild-animals-3311014-1024-768.jpg

Broccoli Cog
08-09-2013, 08:09 PM
I second that. You can always count on Jens to ride with Panache whenever you turn on to watch what is expected to be a boring stage.

Salsa_Lover
08-09-2013, 08:10 PM
A true DDR "special preparation" success story

beercan
08-09-2013, 11:20 PM
ill drink to that :beer:

FlashUNC
08-09-2013, 11:51 PM
A true DDR "special preparation" success story

Hey now, Jens "Sgt Schulz" Voight said himself he's never seen doping ever, dating back to his junior days in the DDR system.

Surely we must believe him at face value as he rides like he does at 41.

He's good for a quote, but a liar and a coward.

oldpotatoe
08-10-2013, 07:26 AM
Hey now, Jens "Sgt Schulz" Voight said himself he's never seen doping ever, dating back to his junior days in the DDR system.

Surely we must believe him at face value as he rides like he does at 41.

He's good for a quote, but a liar and a coward.

Ouch....

cmg
08-10-2013, 09:21 AM
it will fun to see him do the breakaway for one more season. best to him. very cool.

#campyuserftw
08-10-2013, 09:22 AM
It is difficult to believe:

http://bicycling.com/blogs/hardlyserious/2012/10/30/turbulent-times/

He won notable races, stages, during the Hardcore Drug Time. East German, rode for Riis, took the CI five times, and domestiqued for the elite dopers.

It is possible Jens tells the truth, it is just difficult to fully believe him.

Vientomas
08-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Better living through chemistry. The miracles of science.

PQJ
08-10-2013, 10:15 AM
Better living through chemistry. The miracles of science.

Yep. One more doper, liar and denier gets to suck the sport dry for another year. Whoopee.

#campyuserftw
08-10-2013, 10:43 AM
Yep. One more doper, liar and denier gets to suck the sport dry for another year. Whoopee.

We really like him. He's likeable. We allow our warm, fuzzy feelings, to overcome logic. Jens will get a German-colored TREK, and a Farewell Tour.

Jesse Owens, Al Oerter, Mariano Rivera, there are only so many athletes to admire. Jeannie Longo is not on my list to admire. There are so many dirtbags:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGiEKeJnmpg

Women seem to be given a lookaway on the subject:

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5196/Vos-and-others-highlight-lack-of-anti-doping-testing-in-womens-cycling.aspx

:rolleyes:

victoryfactory
08-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Tough crowd, especially considering all the "evidence" is circumstantial.
So many fans love a guy who goes on escapades like that.
Vino did that too but got less love. Maybe he wasn't glib enough.

VF

FlashUNC
08-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Tough crowd, especially considering all the "evidence" is circumstantial.
So many fans love a guy who goes on escapades like that.
Vino did that too but got less love. Maybe he wasn't glib enough.

VF

It's the ridiculous notion that he never had any inklings that any of his compatriots, from the DDR system to Team Telekom to Credit Agricole to CSC, were on something. His worked in service of some of the biggest dopers around for two decades. And yet he never -- not once -- suspected?

Come on Jens, I was born at night, but not last night.

And especially in the peloton of that era, he's the kind of guy -- assuming he was clean -- that was robbed of becoming a far more successful professional. Maybe he could have won more than Criterium International a bunch.

thegunner
08-10-2013, 01:30 PM
It's the ridiculous notion that he never had any inklings that any of his compatriots, from the DDR system to Team Telekom to Credit Agricole to CSC, were on something. His worked in service of some of the biggest dopers around for two decades. And yet he never -- not once -- suspected?

Come on Jens, I was born at night, but not last night.

And especially in the peloton of that era, he's the kind of guy -- assuming he was clean -- that was robbed of becoming a far more successful professional. Maybe he could have won more than Criterium International a bunch.

what exactly does he have to gain from coming clean now? i know it's easy to call someone out for not doing the right thing, but honestly - he has nothing to gain from going back and retracting those statements aside from CONFIRMING he lied and making a few enemies.

root for the guy, don't root for the guy, i don't really care - it just gets tired seeing this come up again and again.

crownjewelwl
08-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Yawn...the dude blows himself up and rarely wins...who cares

Panache is overrated

christian
08-10-2013, 02:48 PM
what exactly does he have to gain from coming clean now?it's not about coming clean. It's about respecting the fans enough to not lie to our faces. Shut the f*ck up and pedal your bike.

PQJ
08-10-2013, 03:17 PM
it's not about coming clean. It's about respecting the fans enough to not lie to our faces. Shut the f*ck up and pedal your bike.

Bingo. You wanna not tell the truth? Fine but then just shut up. Don't lie more. I used to like Jens too. Now I just wish he'd go away. Shut up legs? No, shut up Jens.

FlashUNC
08-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Bingo. You wanna not tell the truth? Fine but then just shut up. Don't lie more. I used to like Jens too. Now I just wish he'd go away. Shut up legs? No, shut up Jens.

Exactly.

weiwentg
08-10-2013, 04:31 PM
what exactly does he have to gain from coming clean now? i know it's easy to call someone out for not doing the right thing, but honestly - he has nothing to gain from going back and retracting those statements aside from CONFIRMING he lied and making a few enemies.

root for the guy, don't root for the guy, i don't really care - it just gets tired seeing this come up again and again.

If people do not come forward and tell the truth in some sort of truth and reconciliation commission, then we will inevitably see this come up again and again. We can choose to get the news in dribs and drabs, or we can rip the bandage off right f*&)ing now. I would strongly prefer the latter.

+1 to the shut up Jens quote. He is riding at a Gran Fondo in my neighborhood in October ... I'll skip that. I can believe that he hasn't doped very much, or perhaps not doped at all, but I cannot believe that he has seen and heard nothing.

professerr
08-10-2013, 06:15 PM
I recently had minor surgery and the doc put me on some type of steroid to speed up healing. Went for a group ride after being on it for a week. I pounded everyone into the ground. I felt f'ing great. I felt like Jens. Then I blew up at the top of the last long climb of the day. Made me wonder how much panache comes from a bottle -- mentally I still felt like I could crush anyone, but my legs said something different. Shut up legs.

harryblack
08-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Drugs are nice...

Monosyllables too.

Jens Voight = proof if you lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie & "play" dumb (tho' evidence if Jens' intellectual "panache" (sic) isn't abundant) in "charming" enough fashion even the "hardest" of "hard men" bike race fans will look the other way...

... which is fine as long as other 50 year olds don't pretend his fortitude is an example of "character" or "discipline."

it's pharmacology, opportunism and GREED: wring every $$$ out of the system that plays American fans for suckers and continues to do so.

cash05458
08-11-2013, 02:47 AM
oh great...ole Jensie...the guy who laughs about burying things along the road then picking em up mid race...

gemship
08-11-2013, 07:20 AM
Yawn...the dude blows himself up and rarely wins...who cares

Panache is overrated

Post of the thread, good one ;)