PDA

View Full Version : christmas morning roll call

yeehawfactor
12-25-2005, 09:36 AM
what'd you get?!

the golden age of handbuilt bicycles, a bottle of chimay, and scrabble deluxe are the highlights of this years haul. i'm sure someone here can beat that

William
12-25-2005, 09:40 AM
William and Mrs. Williams gift to each other this year is a new house.

William :beer:

Len J
12-25-2005, 09:42 AM
Lots of stuff....mainly, though the day with my kids.

Len

Jeff N.
12-25-2005, 09:45 AM
"Cream: Live At The Royal Albert Hall" DVD. Just fabulous. Would rather have had a Charger win in KC yesterday, but they mega-sucked in the muck. Oh well....just wait'll next year! Jeff N.

CT Rider
12-25-2005, 09:56 AM
Serotta & Pedros Headbands, Gel Gloves, Carmichael Hillclmbing Training DVD, Lost Season 1 DVD Set and my traditional box of Hostess Twinkies!

CT Rider
12-25-2005, 09:58 AM
Oh Yeah, almost forgot about my Serotta Fierte IT which is due in within the next week or so!!!!

Fixed
12-25-2005, 10:06 AM
bro my new race bike for this season with the help of my bros from this forum check it out on( ok fixed spill it ) thread last page pic. cheers merry christmas to all my bros :beer:

CNY rider
12-25-2005, 10:24 AM
We opened our joint gift to ourselves a little early. I've got the sirius Radio fired up right next to me, now it's out to the car to do the mobile installation.

Bruce K
12-25-2005, 11:02 AM
I was VERY surprised this morning.

After swearing we wouldn't do anything major this year, I opened my package to find one of the new Garmin Navigation systems. The kind you can move from car to car. :banana:

So it appears that once again, what she says and what she does are two different things. :rolleyes:

I guess it's a good thing I didn't follow the "rule" either. ;)

BK

FierteTi52
12-25-2005, 11:06 AM
A nice cycling jacket,
Micro fleece top
D/A 10spd parts
A 45* day for a Xmas day ride
Jeff

Tailwinds
12-25-2005, 11:10 AM
Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Happy Festivus to everyone!

I got a Smartwool undershirt and skullcap -- they are SOOOO scrumptiously soft -- too bad I can't wear them today on my ride -- it's going to be in the 60s!!! :)

Also got a CD player for my Firebird -- and the new Nickelback CD.

Best present of all -- speaking w/my 10-yr.-old niece who made it home safely from her trip to TX.

Time to ride...

bluesea
12-25-2005, 11:30 AM
Got a really nice katana fukuro (Japanese sword bag), handmade from an antique silk kimono. Also got 3000 rounds of .45acp hardball for practice, some fancy Chinese tea, and a huge bag of pistachio nuts.

Did a 20 miler at 4:30am and am ready to face the day. Have a great one everybody!

1centaur
12-25-2005, 11:40 AM
Sirius Satellite Radio, 2005 TdF DVD, Assos shoe covers, two Graham Watson posters, a Craft ski hat.

rePhil
12-25-2005, 11:54 AM
After a lovely Christmas eve at our house we were all excited to head the two miles to watch the Grandchildren open presents this morning. Sadly they both got ill during the night. 2 1/2 and 8 months. Some joy was gone but we know in a day or so they will be back to normal.
On a personal level, cycling related I received a nice pair of gloves.And oh, a wonderful family! They have all left to go spend Christmas days with the other sides of their families... except for the grandkids who are cuddling in bed with a toy or two. A touching moment was the blanket one sons fiance made for our granddaughter, who promptly cuddled up and fell asleep with it.

We live in an area that sees a lot of wintering Amish and Mennonite visitors. They are having a Parade through their neighborhood this afternoon. We will walk with friends and enjoy a simple Christmas treat.

slowgoing
12-25-2005, 11:55 AM
I'm taking off work most of my 10 year old son's two week vacation so we can fool around. Best Christmas ever.

JohnS
12-25-2005, 11:57 AM
Got a really nice katana fukuro (Japanese sword bag), handmade from an antique silk kimono. Also got 3000 rounds of .45acp hardball for practice, some fancy Chinese tea, and a huge bag of pistachio nuts.

Did a 20 miler at 4:30am and am ready to face the day. Have a great one everybody!
That's a lot of shooting. Make every one count!

JohnS
12-25-2005, 11:58 AM
New Sidi Genius 5's (size 44) to replace my too-small size 43's.

dirtdigger88
12-25-2005, 12:11 PM
mom and dad got me a Vintage Velos jersey (or at least the money to pay for one I alread bought)

mrs dirt got me wool arm warmers and leg warmers (though I have not opened them yet- but I did order them for her) :p

I also got a troll doll in bike gear- :confused: :D :beer:

Jason

pale scotsman
12-25-2005, 12:20 PM
The boy got a new paintball gun that shoots single, 3 round bursts, and full auto. Here's the box he's been shooting since 7 AM. You should see our garbage can, canoe, and my car. Well... the car is clean now because we had a little father son time washing it!

gary135r
12-25-2005, 12:51 PM
Tom Brady autographed ball (and hopefully another Superbowl victory too) and display case. the day off to be with my family, first one in three years, being in the military we are still flying today but I worked yesterday and am home for Christmas. Having the family here to reminisce now that they are all grown up is the best gift of all. :banana:

Blastinbob
12-25-2005, 01:22 PM
The Tour Baby dvd, sidi genius 5, a sweet pair of Sennheiser hd590 headphones and a new red white atmos to go with this thing I got a few weeks ago : )

Ken Robb
12-25-2005, 01:32 PM
Hey BruceK--don't feel so flattered--our wives are just tired of riding in our cars while we are lost and won't ask for directions. She really got that for herself.

Bruce K
12-25-2005, 02:02 PM
Gee, thanks Ken. I really needed that! :D

Actually, Nancy has been VERY good with picking up on little comments and such and coming up with VERY cool presents. I had seen one of these systems on TV and commented that I really missed having one since I got rid of my POS Audi All-road.

Previous gifts have included a movie theater/bar type popcorn machine, a refurbished pinball machine, and the Ottrott ST frame when I turned 50.

I am one VERY LUCKY guy in having a wife as thoughtful, tolerant, and indulging.

Merry, merry, happy, happy.

BK

Climb01742
12-25-2005, 02:51 PM
s.o. climb got me some sweet assos cold weather clothing. i got her something sparkly for her finger. got my daughter a nano and an american girl doll. and a bit ashamed to say i got myself something from ernesto. lots of family here. happiness all around. happiness to you too!!!

dehoopta
12-25-2005, 03:12 PM
My wife did the same. After asking for nothing but a balanced home budget (I tend to worry about our budget at Christmas), I found a gift card for some spinning classes. As with the bike, the most important gift was not the spinning classes, but the time to go do it. She heard me whine about missing my Saturday morning breakfast ride group because of the weather, and bought the spinning classes.

Cheers to all. Merry Christmas.

beungood
12-25-2005, 03:18 PM
I got a kiss from my girlfriend before I strapped on my heater and went out on Patrol....and then an extra special. a second 8 hour patrol....Can't wait til 1030pm :no:

shinomaster
12-25-2005, 03:52 PM
My bro got me a pretty red Assos vest...to go with the assos socks he got me this summer...Dad got me a digital camera...Oh no more PIX!!

Rode to Starbucks to buy a paper...

Elefantino
12-25-2005, 04:34 PM
My wife and I got each other a trip to Paris next summer for our 25th.

And a GC to the LBS. And a vintage Trek 760 with Suntour Superbe.

I also got a Jeff Leedy framed print, named "Heaven" ... it's a guy thing.

rodenmg
12-25-2005, 04:44 PM
I'm taking off work most of my 10 year old son's two week vacation so we can fool around. Best Christmas ever.

...absolutely the best times of my life. Enjoy them while you can. Makes me remember when my first son was only... it's been so long I don't remember how old he was here... was learing to ride. He was such an agressive little tike. He's now 22 year old and things are so complicated now. God, I miss those days.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~rodenmg/images/File0002.jpg

stackie
12-25-2005, 04:50 PM
Shino,

You live in Portland and go to Starbucks? I really hope you went because they are the only place that sells newspapers withing 10 miles. If you got coffee there, you really need to stop the madness and go to Stumptown for coffee. They are one of the top three coffeehouses in the US. (No 2, in my ranking, behind Intelligentsia in Chitown, but better than... Espresso Vivace in Seattle (Sorry David). If you go to the Stumptown near Sacha's shop, you may just bump into him. I think he's got a bad espresso habit.

Wife got me a Cycle sport mag and some good chocolate. (We do bigger gifts for anniversary 6 days earlier. Best gift of all was watching my sweet two year old tear into her gifts.

Jon

Ahneida Ride
12-25-2005, 05:04 PM
I have my sight and my Family. What more could I ask for ?

Smiley
12-25-2005, 05:26 PM
"i got her something sparkly for her finger" Climbs words about SO's gift for X-mas

Are we to ***-u-me that SO Climb will be changing her title soon, if so congrats Sir Climb maybe one of your better decisions since we were lucky to meet SO at the last two open house.

TriJim
12-25-2005, 07:22 PM
Kids home from college, but wife in Iraq. This makes 2 in-a-row without the family together.
Tubbs Catalyst Snowshoes and Yoga for Cyclists DVD.

Marburg
12-26-2005, 12:16 AM
One Brooks saddle maintenance kit and a wife who thinks a pair of Boure shorts are the best Christmas present ever.

Naw, it ain't so bad.

nobrakes
12-26-2005, 12:56 AM
Mom sent: size XXL generic winter Michelin-man hooded jacket, ( I wear Med.), that makes me look like Kenny on Southpark. Inlaws gave: size Lg. horizontaly striped golf shirt in pyewk & white colors and size XL Arrow sueded fleece pullover in off-yellow with grey stripe hilites on color and sleeve. I did say I wear a Medium, and, I don't ever wear this kind of stuff. My wife, bless her heart, gave me the Bob Dylan Mojo book she saw me pick up and thumb through while at Borders. She's very observant. But no bike stuff. (she's a classy cyclist, and knows better than to buy unrequested bike paraphanalia). She also bought our trip to Spain. The Mom and inlaw stuff will find a place in our church's donation barrel, the restraint we used before Christmas allows us to buy each other what we really want after the Christmas rush is done. No complaints, just the way it happens here in our house.

cs124
12-26-2005, 04:50 AM
a Limar 707 (fits my scone soooo good) to replace the one I trashed a few weeks ago, Lance Armstrong's War and a patio heater. Mrs got a new VeeDub Golf to replace her beloved Ford Laser that some road menace totalled a week ago...:crap:...and a stack of non-stick baking dishes etc to go in "her" new kitchen...YAY! it's pastry time :banana:

...and as anyone with little kids will know...lots of excited squeals, shouts and grins at 7am followed soon after by an everest size mound of wrapping paper... :)

Dr. Doofus
12-26-2005, 07:32 AM
three pairs of cycling shorts

some mtb shoes

some cash that ended up redirected to mrs. doofus

OldDog
12-26-2005, 08:38 AM
My daughter came home for the holiday, thats all I wanted. But I did get a new Giro helmet and a few Spinervals tapes.

Hope all are having a great day!

Ozz
12-26-2005, 10:10 AM
Castelli Ocean jersey, Assos chamois cream, Pedros chain keeper, and the cash to get my Legend on the road.

Some other non-cycling stuff too.....

BTW - cbike.com is having a 24% sale today...place order before midnight...

dirtdigger88
12-26-2005, 10:41 AM
the cash to get my Legend on the road.

ABOUT EFFIN" TIME!!!

Jason

davep
12-26-2005, 02:34 PM
My wife got me Brooks leather handlebar tape. Unfortunately, it's backordered so I do not actually have it yet. I got her, hoping that she will let me use it, a Concept 2 rowing machine. Our son, almost 4 years old, got everything else.

TimD
12-26-2005, 03:41 PM
Giordana windfront jersey. Too small.

Craft Pro (windfront) base layer. Also too small.

"Memoirs of a Racing Man", by Jo Ramirez. I was never a fan of Senna, but his legend has only grown since Imola '94, and this book adds to it. A good read so far, with some fantastic pictures.

Hohner Pro harmonica, in C. I'm sure I won't be able to jam with my kids in the near term, but it will be fun to try.

A small wireless weather station from my retired Internet god brother-in-law (because he has been lusting after my Marcelo, he received a Pegoretti cap in return).

Enough chocolate to feed a small peloton.

TimD

ti_boi
12-26-2005, 05:32 PM
A receiver upgrade in the bedroom home theater.....
Yamaha HTR-5850...ahhhhhhh VOLUME! :cool:
A set of BeCu Ping ISI's :cool:

She gets the John Hardy necklace and ring.... :fight:

Not to mention the 'little Martin' guitar to make travel w/ lil girl easier...she likes to hear guitar before she goes to sleep and prefers a live performance... :rolleyes:

Ken Robb
12-26-2005, 08:32 PM
I got the Golden Age of Handbuilt Bicycles and the Hampsten Strada Bianca from Leslie.

She got 2 Nitto stainless steel bottle cages plus Rivendell Bottles. If you haven't seen these cages look on the Riv site catalog--prettiest ever-she saw them on some of DBRK's bikes and WANTED some for her Romulus. A red long sleeved Woolie Warm jersey to suplement her blue short sleeved WW. A pair of MUSA pants also from Riv. I love mine and the mediums fit her like they were made for her. They are an unfortunate baby poo poo color but really great in every other way. There were other jewelry items and a set of Rogers and Hammerstein Musicals on DVD but this is a cycling forum so who cares?

If I had to keep only one bike the Hampsten might be it. The Legend is a little lighter and so theoretically faster but not nearly as good off-road or on realyy crappy paving which we have in abundance.

spiderlake
12-26-2005, 09:08 PM
Chiming in a little late.......

I got a couple spinerval DVD's and some SWEET Pearl Izumi Nordic Pants. Oh, Turtle Fur wool cap. Very nice!

Non-bike related - 1776 by David McCullogh. Two chapters in and can barely put it down!

I got my wife some clothes for X-country skiing, an insulated shell from EMS, a handmade calendar. some CD's and a camelbak (classic) in black......

Emma, the dog, got two new knees (OUCH!!) and is recovering nicely. She's got amazing willpower.

Best of all was being able to spend time with family and friends. No greater gift than that, imho.....