PDA

View Full Version : Fixed with a tandem hub?

ericspin
12-24-2005, 05:07 PM
I have a Comotion Americano touring bike that I just do not ride anymore and I have been contemplating turning it into a fixie or SS. The rear hub is a tandem hub which I believe is something like a 140 or 143. Is it possible to convert this to SS, I do not think my knees could handle fixed? This bike has a great steel frame that is built for full on touring and is very comfortable to ride. I just do not ride it since I got my IF Planet X which is the most versatile bike I have ever owned. Whadda ya think?

Smiley
12-24-2005, 05:14 PM
I believe you can do this with the hub you have , my bet is if you call Harris Cyclery they will sell you all the parts you need. My question is WHY do this to such a nice bike. what size is it anyway ??

ericspin
12-24-2005, 05:36 PM
It is a 60 cm. I guess my reason is what I stated before, I just do not ride it since I got the IF. It is a cool bike setup to go cross country. It has an XTR group with bar end shifters, Velocity Dyad rims, Tubus racks front and rear, etc.. I would like to ride it more often but I guess you can only ride so many bikes. My thought about SS is that I would be more inclined to ride it because it would be a different experience than my other geared bikes.