PDA

View Full Version : FT/FS: Mavis Ksyrium SL for 32 hole wheelset

mcallen
08-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Short version: Looking to trade silver Ksyrium SL clinchers (shim/sram) for a set of wheels with a 32 hole rear (front spoke count doesn't matter, but rear must be 32).

Long version: I ran over the rim on my PowerTap, and I would really like to replace it. I never had a front wheel to go with it, so I always just pulled a mismatched front from another wheelset, which always leaves me with an odd number of wheels. I'm thinking I could trade a set of Ksyrium SLs that I don't ride for a wheelset with a 32 hole rear rim, and then rebuild the rear so that I have a matched set. I don't have a particular type of wheelset in mind.

The Ksyriums are in good used shape. A few scratches on decals, but overall they look good--nice and shiny. They are true and spin smoothly. I have matching Mavic skewers. I can provide detailed pics upon request.

LouDeeter
08-06-2013, 04:10 PM
It is a lot cheaper to just buy a 32 hole rim. You really don't even need to change any spokes unless they show obvious bends from the accident.

Lewis Moon
08-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Man, those must be light wheels. Ya need hooks to hold 'em down....

mcallen
08-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Man, those must be light wheels. Ya need hooks to hold 'em down....

That's the power of marketing!

And yes, it would be cheaper to just replace the rim, but I also have a lone front tubular, and this would give me a hub to build up a rear. Probably the long way around. . .

CheshireCat
08-06-2013, 06:17 PM
I've got a set of A32 assymetrical rear and standard front laced to lightweight circus monkey hubs. They were intended for CX, but I'll be going tubular so they only got a couple of rides on them. From a builder of OEM stuff for Parlee, Moots, Calfee etc.