PDA

View Full Version : forma red carbon...

AngryScientist
08-02-2013, 08:40 PM
went riding with a buddy tonight, and he was going on about how much he loved his new forma-red stuff, bibs in particular. i havent tried any of this stuff but curious what others think?

seems to be in line price wise with assos/rapha, which i love, hows this stuff stack up?

dem
08-02-2013, 09:59 PM
I've put a few hundred miles on a pair of Giordana FRC bibs - they've been nice for me. Previously I wore a mid-range Giordana.

I have not used Assos/Rapha, and I got my FRC on closeout.. so this post is probably useless other than "someone else likes them fine" :)

Lionel
08-02-2013, 11:54 PM
I have a formared bib. The fabric is very nice. But it is miles away from my assos bibs in terms of fit and comfort for me.

ariw
08-03-2013, 05:49 AM
I picked up a pair from Wiggle for $110 a few weeks ago, very happy with them so far.

-Ari

NeauDL
08-03-2013, 05:36 PM
I've tried the shorts. Padding is similar to top of the line Pearl Izumi, not as thick and firm as Louis Garneau Airgel or Sugoi RS or RSE.

FlashUNC
08-03-2013, 05:55 PM
RKP had some favorable things to say in a review last year I think.

RedRider
08-03-2013, 06:53 PM
I just got back from a ride in a pair of FRC bibs. They are great fitting, high quality of materials and worth the money.
Assos are in a different league and by far the best bibs I have ever worn and I've been wearing the brand since they made them with real chamois.
What is Rapha?

BCS
08-03-2013, 08:03 PM
I have 2 pairs of FRC, 1 Rapha and 3 Assos. They are all in the rotation but the Assos and Rapha pad conform to my nether-regions better. The FRC pad is a little thinner. I really like the lack of elastic on the legs of the FRC. The bib material is first rate. FWIW, I wear size M in Assos and Rapha. Wear a L in the FRC.

sand fungus
08-04-2013, 08:33 PM
I recently purchased a set and I love the fit and feel. I was running pearlizumi pro bibs and these are hands down a lot better fit and feel. I haven't tried the Assos or the Raphas.

JeffS
08-04-2013, 11:21 PM
My experience was with Forma Red when it first came out. I'm not sure how that translates into their current line.

Anyway, those bibs wore out quicker than anything I have ever owned. Colors faded, elastic degraded, etc. Given the length of time they lasted (less than a year), they were the most expensive bibs I have ever purchased. My assos from that period are just now approaching retirement, making them the cheapest.