PDA

View Full Version : Which Group, which bike...

Nooch
08-01-2013, 07:30 AM
I, thankfully in light of the news, have a new Pronto coming in, and have a couple options with it, so I figured I'd throw it out there and see what y'all think.

In my stash I have:

Red Shifters (Old Style)
Used Force RD with a little scuffing
Brand New Force Brakes
Force FD

On my Caad9 I have:

Complete Red Group with an unknown amount of miles, been raced, been crashed, works perfectly, left shifter paddle has most of the graphics scratched off from a crash last summer, so cosmetically it may not be the best looking group.

I have a rotor quarq that will go on the Pronto, and a rotor 3d+ (non-quarq) that will go on whatever else.

Since the Pronto and the caad9 will be fairly redundant, the caad9 will likely stay on the chopping block (it's currently up there to free up money for my buddy's bedford frame, but if it doesn't sell this week that deal is likely to float away).

Additionally, I hope to have a new Bedford by the end of the year, and will need a group for it as well.

So do I strip the caad9 and part ways with it, put everything on the pronto, and save the better (aesthetically) group for the Bedford (whichever one that may be, my buddy's or my own).

Do I save the caad9 frame and forget about my buddy's bedford, and just keep the caad9 in reserve, since it's one of the last USA frames?

Certainly first world problems here.

Dromen
08-01-2013, 08:49 AM
American bike - American group

laupsi
08-01-2013, 09:00 AM
can I ask a question? and no, the answer will have no impact on the group I would recommend, just curious. what color scheme did you get?

Nooch
08-01-2013, 09:04 AM
can I ask a question? and no, the answer will have no impact on the group I would recommend, just curious. what color scheme did you get?

raw ti/white decals.

laupsi
08-01-2013, 09:06 AM
raw ti/white decals.

Enjoy! I am certain this one will provide something special for you. :)

AngryScientist
08-01-2013, 09:13 AM
sell all that sram junk and get two campy athena groups.

Nooch
08-01-2013, 09:14 AM
American bike - American group

they're both 'american' groups! just the question of which one to use, and what to do with the caad9 :)

Dromen
08-01-2013, 09:49 AM
I have 2011 Red Group on my white ottrott. It like the look. Never understand all the groupo controversy. I have all three, old and new and all have there own personalities and all do the job very well.

Most recent pic from phone. If you want more detail i can email.

Nooch
08-01-2013, 11:22 AM
I have 2011 Red Group on my white ottrott. It like the look. Never understand all the groupo controversy. I have all three, old and new and all have there own personalities and all do the job very well.

Most recent pic from phone. If you want more detail i can email.

think you're missing the point :)

I *Have* two groups, one of them currently hung on my caad9, one of them waiting to go on the next bike.. just not sure if I should put my "race" group (the beaten up one) on my "race" Pronto, or put the "nicer" abeit lower group on the pronto.. :)

Nooch
08-01-2013, 12:55 PM
sell all that sram junk and get two campy athena groups.

campy, ha :)

I'm not cool enough to run campy!

Dromen
08-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Sorry nooch, i assume a lot. I was voting Red based only on appearance of a Ti/White Frame fork. You obviously can cast your own vote for the performance of each group.