PDA

View Full Version : Justice for Landis?

schneiderrd
07-31-2013, 04:14 PM
Maybe this clown will get what he deserves:

United States v. Defendant(s) Floyd Landis (S)
Case Number 2010R02820 and Court Docket Number 12-CR-03481

earlfoss
07-31-2013, 04:27 PM
I don't understand what the case this document is referring to is about.

His whistleblower suit is law-worthy and if it goes through he should collect. He whistleblew himself out of a longer career to expose what happened.

christian
07-31-2013, 04:32 PM
This is the restitution he has to make to the sublime idiots who paid into the Floyd Fairness Fund.

MattTuck
07-31-2013, 04:34 PM
That PDF doesn't have much info... so I can't be sure either.

My guess is that it is related to collecting money from people in the name of clearing his name of doping charges?

https://www.bikereg.com/inc/content/images/EventLogos/4139.png

Jgrooms
07-31-2013, 04:38 PM
http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/news/50462/armstrong-asks-judge-to-dismiss-landis-fraud-case

Walter
07-31-2013, 05:05 PM
Landis entered into a deferred prosecution agreement with the Govt in San Diego. Christian is correct that this probably is the standard victim notification for the restitution.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/cycling/story/_/id/8297769/floyd-landis-avoid-jail-donors-get-reimbursed

54ny77
07-31-2013, 05:09 PM
rats do eventually eat each other.

Vientomas
07-31-2013, 05:10 PM
Double points. Combine this thread with the thread about irksome expressions: "Non-Story", "Old News", "That is so last year".

93legendti
07-31-2013, 05:48 PM
Iirc, Landis became a whistleblower only after he couldn't find a job, which included his attempts to blackmail Lance for a spot on his team.

texbike
07-31-2013, 05:58 PM
Iirc, Landis became a whistleblower only after he couldn't find a job, which included his attempts to blackmail Lance for a spot on his team.

Exactly.

He whistleblew himself out of a longer career to expose what happened.

Without dope, Landis had no career.

Texbike

bluesea
07-31-2013, 06:01 PM
This is about as newsworthy as a some kid getting bit by a common ant.

CunegoFan
07-31-2013, 06:33 PM

That was just Armstrong's smear job against Landis after it came to light that Landis had talked to USADA. When Radio Shack released the emails from Landis and Dr. Kay, they did not support Armstrong's allegations. In fact, Landis had been talking about a whistleblower suit since the end of 2009. Much of his communication with Armstrong, Andrew Messick, and such was a fishing expedition to see what they would say. Much of the communication that purported to be from Landis was not even written by him.

Black Dog
07-31-2013, 06:37 PM
Exactly.

Without dope, Lance had no career.

Texbike

Fixed it for you. ;)

93legendti
07-31-2013, 07:33 PM
People don't "talk about whistle blowing". They either do it or they don't. The whistle blowing status starts the day of the whistle blowing. Period.

I read the emails. People don't "fish" by blackmailing. Blackmailing is illegal.

Unless someone hacked his computer, it doesnt matter if the emails were sent by Landis or with his knowledge and acquiescence by an agent.

Nice try.

Jgrooms
07-31-2013, 08:33 PM
Exactly.

Without dope, Landis had no career.

Texbike

No Landis was a confirmed genetic freak just like the Boss. But clearly you couldn't go up against the Boss. Or so the Boss thought. You can boil LA's downfall to two things: He came back and he pissed off the wrong Mennonite. Or is he Amish? Anyway, no Landis and Lance is still wearing seven and handing out stage jerseys and making LeMond look like an idiot.

J.Greene
08-01-2013, 09:02 AM
One of the few fully honest statements I've heard by anyone involved in this whole mess was when LA mentioned to Oprah that none of this would have happened if he'd just taken care of Landis. Still, Landis is no victim.

PQJ
08-01-2013, 09:10 AM
One of the few fully honest statements I've heard by anyone involved in this whole mess was when LA mentioned to Oprah that none of this would have happened if he'd just taken care of Landis. Still, Landis is no victim.

I've been saying this along. It's not the comeback that did Lance in. It's simply the fact that he didn't take care of Floyd. If he hooked Floyd up with a ride after Floyd's suspension, Lance would still be the greatest road cyclist evah!

Jgrooms
08-01-2013, 11:07 AM
I've been saying this along. It's not the comeback that did Lance in. It's simply the fact that he didn't take care of Floyd. If he hooked Floyd up with a ride after Floyd's suspension, Lance would still be the greatest road cyclist evah!

Not if you believe JB. Landis was the pin that detonated a groundswell from others that had been run rough shot by the Boss for years. People say LA had to give him a ride w his teams. Nope he just needed to make a call and get him a ride somewhere. Instead he blackballed him and belittled him.

CunegoFan
08-01-2013, 12:34 PM
People don't "talk about whistle blowing". They either do it or they don't. The whistle blowing status starts the day of the whistle blowing. Period.

I read the emails. People don't "fish" by blackmailing. Blackmailing is illegal.

Good. Then you can quote the passages where Landis made a specific threat that he would rat Armstrong out if he was not given a job.

fiamme red
08-01-2013, 12:53 PM
I thought this thread would be about Kenesaw Mountain Landis. :)

http://chrisbaer.net/mp/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/landis.jpg

Tony T
08-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Good. Then you can quote the passages where Landis made a specific threat that he would rat Armstrong out if he was not given a job.

Landis is a class act. Don't forget the threat he made to LeMond.

Charles M
08-01-2013, 05:02 PM
I don't understand what the case this document is referring to is about.

His whistleblower suit is law-worthy and if it goes through he should collect. He whistleblew himself out of a longer career to expose what happened.

He absolutely exhausted all avenues for getting back in and then... and only then blew the whistle.

The guy doped to win and then used dope for another hopeful pay off.

I would absolutely piss on Floyd if he were on fire... But not right away.