PDA

View Full Version : Liquor and Mountain Bikes?

roman meal
12-22-2005, 08:12 PM
What is this auction about?

http://tinyurl.com/bw4jr

:confused:

:beer:

Does it come in a little velvet pouch?

Roman Meal

Fixed
12-22-2005, 08:19 PM
bro I'd pass on that one i.m.h.o. cheers :beer:

Ginger
12-22-2005, 08:26 PM
Looking with Google, I found the post below.
It looks like Chivas Regal had the mountain bikes as a promotional item...(not so one of a kind) perhaps a Raleigh, 21 speed...I suspect the one on ebay is similar to the one below: (nothing about a velvet bag...sorry)

FROM THE WORLD WIDE WEB (I have no connection with this text, other than I found it...)
...Custom black paint with a "Chivas Regal" decal down the sides and emblem or logo on the front.
... from a liquor store I worked at, who in turn received it from on of their vendors. It came in the box unopened, and I was to assemble it.
...all that I received with it was the "raleigh owners manual", which was really nothing more than a safety manual.

...its a mountain bike (nobby tires), flat handle bar, 7 gears on left hand and 3 on right. It has a Shimano Tourney/SIS Index derailer, and Vuelta crank and seat. Front has shocks with chrome on top as it comes from the frame, and decals on each side of the front frame that says Soft Rock.

dirtdigger88
12-22-2005, 09:40 PM
yeah the guy is selling the bike- a neon beer sign and a used cell phone-

so Im thinking he got fired from his job at the liquor distributor- all he manages to walk out with is an old sign- some crappy bike and his cell phone-

Christmas is just around the corner- ya gotta make ends meet somehow-

Jason

scrooge
12-23-2005, 06:37 AM
27 inch frame. that would be something to see (yet for some reason, I'm skeptical that this frame is actually that large)

flydhest
12-23-2005, 07:54 AM
liquor? . . . I barely even know 'er.

Cadence230
12-23-2005, 11:02 AM
liquor? . . . I barely even know 'er. He he. Check the feedback. Liquor and bikes are an awful combo. This I know. Backpacking and liquor is not too good as well.

William
12-24-2005, 01:31 PM
Don't mix...
http://members.tripod.com/~Scorpion1969/bikingpics/mbcrash2.jpg

beungood
12-24-2005, 06:01 PM
Back in the day, I heard of some fellow Marines near me mixing beer,.45's and multiple flackl jackets....not a good mix in my opionion... :crap: