PDA

View Full Version : Riding your bike in LA?

witcombusa
07-30-2013, 11:12 AM
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/07/29/man-34-claims-lapd-officers-used-excessive-force-during-bike-stop/

djg21
07-30-2013, 11:35 AM
Take with a grain of salt. If anything did happen, there likely was a reason for it. We only have the complaintants' allegations, and he has reason to be less than honest (read lawsuit).

cinema
07-30-2013, 11:43 AM
has little to nothing to do with 'riding your bike.' It's just LAPD, which is as corrupt and violent as any gang on the streets.

vqdriver
07-30-2013, 11:57 AM
"dislocated shoulder and a fractured elbow" but no arrest? skeptical for now, but i'd be interested to hear what the officers put in the report that justifies the injuries.

bikinchris
07-30-2013, 12:39 PM
The comments to that article read like a KKK meeting. Except they hate cyclists also just for riding bikes.

Aaron O
07-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Not enough information to make a conclusion...just assumptions based on pre-existing biases/opinions.

MattTuck
07-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Take with a grain of salt. If anything did happen, there likely was a reason for it. We only have the complaintants' allegations, and he has reason to be less than honest (read lawsuit).

yes, how fortunate it would be if a bystander caught the incident on camera. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW1ZDIXiuS4) :rolleyes:

blessthismess
07-30-2013, 02:25 PM
It is really hard to tell from that article what actually happend. Like Aaron O said not enough information at this point. LAPD has had many high profile police misconduct cases and I am interested to see what hppens with this incident.

bart998
07-30-2013, 11:54 PM
"dislocated shoulder and a fractured elbow" but no arrest? skeptical for now, but i'd be interested to hear what the officers put in the report that justifies the injuries.

As a LEO that is a serious use of force and they would know it would be thoroughly investigated. I'm sure if the officers actually touched him they:
1. Had a reason that he caused, and
2. They would certainly have arrested him,

So, my BS detector is going off big time and my best guess is that after they cited him he was angry and crashed his bike and now has decided to make some money off of it. Hence going to the press rather than calling the station and reporting the officers.

professerr
07-31-2013, 02:01 AM

"LAPD officials said the officers involved with the excessive force allegation logged the incident as a traffic stop."

What likely reason would an unremarkable "traffic stop" result in a broken elbow and dislocated shoulder?

Aaron O
07-31-2013, 06:37 AM
As a LEO that is a serious use of force and they would know it would be thoroughly investigated. I'm sure if the officers actually touched him they:
1. Had a reason that he caused, and
2. They would certainly have arrested him,

So, my BS detector is going off big time and my best guess is that after they cited him he was angry and crashed his bike and now has decided to make some money off of it. Hence going to the press rather than calling the station and reporting the officers.Because no LEO has ever abused authority or acted inappropriately. On the flip side, plenty of folks have accused them of poor behavior when there was none.

Not enough information to draw any conclusions.