PDA

View Full Version : WTB Saddle enthusiasts...

bluesea
07-26-2013, 12:42 PM
Which WTB and road saddles are you using? I use the Toupe Expert 143 for road, and am experimenting with a WTB Silverado for MTB. I sit on both saddles differently, but so far pretty good on the WTB.

rnhood
07-26-2013, 02:29 PM
EVO Romin for my road bike, WTB Rocket V for the mtb. Tried the Silverado on the road bike but didn't like it. Never tried it on the mtb for some reason.

carpediemracing
07-26-2013, 02:34 PM
My old mtb has a WTB SST saddle. It's probably the most comfortable saddle I've used and if they made a light version of it I'd use it on my road bike/s.

Louis
07-26-2013, 02:46 PM
Shouldn't this be in the Classifieds?

jamesau
07-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Most in my road stable are fitted with the older Shadow Stealth. WTB makes great, value saddles. I've been tempted for a while to try either a Silverado or Volt.

Nooch
07-26-2013, 03:09 PM

WTB = Wilderness Trail Bikes, in this case, at least.

fiamme red
07-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Shouldn't this be in the Classifieds?Ha, that was my reaction too... "So how many enthusiasts do you want to buy?" :)

vqdriver
07-26-2013, 03:13 PM
i have a wtb speed v and a silverado on my mtbs. both are comfy. once on the trail i don't even notice them.
but to be completely honest, with all the shifting around and standing and floating and body movement we do on the trail, i get the impression anything would feel pretty good. i can't remember any saddle on a mountain bike i've had that i felt was uncomfortable.

A.Danger
07-26-2013, 04:17 PM
WTB Deva on my track bike feels great!

pdmtong
07-26-2013, 04:47 PM

Your road only is showing

pdmtong
07-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Ha, that was my reaction too... "So how many enthusiasts do you want to buy?" :)

I am continually surprised at how many here only ride road.

You guys are all missing out

crownjewelwl
07-26-2013, 05:16 PM
I ride a zoncolan on the road and a rocket v on the trails

d_douglas
07-26-2013, 05:40 PM
I use an old WTB SST saddle on my MTB and LOVE it.

I use Aliantes on my road, CX and commuter bike. LOVE them as well. They fit differently, but all very comfortable. I have an old Cinelli with a Regal which is comfortable as well.

WTB generally makes very good products...

guyintense
07-26-2013, 05:42 PM
I've been riding the WTB SST.98 on my mountain bikes for around 15 years, actually the only saddle I've ever had on my Intense 5.5 in 8 years. Really comfortable and durable.

dustyrider
07-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Pure V on the commuter(steel), gravel grinder(Ti), and MTB(steel).
I rode a Silverado, on the MTB, for a better part of a year and liked it.
Then I discovered the Pure V and haven't looked back.

I like the Pure V because of the SST style nose, helps me track a line in the steeps, and the flat whale tale back has just the right amount of cushion for comfortably stretching out a little on the longer rides.

The lighter rail designs certainly don't have the longevity of the Cromoly, in my experience(mostly MTB).

Another plus for WTB is that they seem to make it very easy for shops to get, and promote, their product via those lovely yellow test saddles. With that in mind I'd like to try the deva/devo on a racier built bike, it'll be time to visit the LBS soon....

pdmtong
07-26-2013, 08:19 PM
SST.98 on 140mm bike. I had been riding a lightly padded phenom and put the old standard back on. man is it nice.

Pure V on full suspension tandem.

Rocket V on my daughters 120mm mtb
SpeedShe on my daughters town mtb

DRZRM
07-26-2013, 08:35 PM
Regale on road, Zoncolan on CX, WTB Silverado on MTB. Still have an old WTB SST on my old Fat Chance.

Peter P.
07-26-2013, 09:08 PM
I just finished a ride on my sport touring bike which has a WTB SST on it. I pray if I ever need another, they'll still be available.

I have a WTB Rocket on my road bike. I never thought such a narrow saddle (127mm) could be so comfortable. Until then, I'd never ridden something so skinny.

True story: When I needed to replace my worn saddle on my mountain bike, I turned to eBay. Having had great success with the WTB SST on my ATB, I figured the Rocket would be just as comfortable, but I never checked the width, 143mm vs. 127mm. I scored a nice Rocket and when I saw how narrow it was I thought, "This is never gonna work on a mountain bike."

For me, I was right. Maybe it was the more upright position, but even 3 hour rides with the ATB and the Rocket saddle weren't cutting it. I thought I'd just wasted my money.

Then I got the bright idea to swap the Rocket onto my road bike and my road saddle onto my ATB. The formerly uncomfortable Rocket on my ATB turned into pure pleasure on my road bike. I was saved!

For me, the key setup for either the SST or the Rocket is to have the rear end slightly higher than the nose. The middle to the front of either saddle will still appear level. It helps to have a micro-adjustable seatpost.