PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Rapha Store

fourflys
07-23-2013, 08:27 PM
So I'm on vacation in Sonoma County and went down to SF yesterday. Since I was there I visited the Rapha Store... First, the products are VERY nice and I'm sure worth the price... the whole experience was pleasurable overall...

BUT, it was amusing and this is why... I walked in and was immediately greeted by the guy wearing the cycling cap with the ironic facial hair mustache (old-timey, curled up on the ends) and skinny jeans, nice guy and helpful. I walked around not really seeing much of anything that resembled a bike shop really... it's more like a very upscale clothing store that happens to sell stuff you can wear on the bike... basically an Abercrombie and Fitch for cyclists that haven't stuck their foot in their mouth yet like A&F...

I next noticed a couple people hanging out at the table sipping espresso... finally I found something I could afford to buy (I picked up one of Bike Snob's books) so I was ready to check out... one of the other guys who was sipping expresso was asked to help me out... this guy took apathy to a whole nother level! He was nice, but wow did he fulfill the stereotype of the Rapha hipster! ;)

Again, the products were top notch and the experience was a good one on the whole... I just had to smile after I left because it sure seemed like they were trying really hard to live to the image many have built of the brand... :)

Louis
07-23-2013, 08:39 PM
And you didn't even try on the yak-leather shoes? Shame on you. ;)

bargainguy
07-23-2013, 08:48 PM
Here's ironic. I believe it's called a handlebar mustache.

AngryScientist
07-23-2013, 08:52 PM
i've never been to the store, but did have a super good experience with them a few years ago: i was desperate for one of the pink striped rapha arione saddles i knew they sold exclusively out of the store. called them up, and they told me they had a few left but didnt do shipping. they guy went out of his way to walk down to the fedex store himself, get me a shipping quote, package the saddle and mail it to me. he totally didnt have to do that, and it was awesome of him to do.

i understand they are opening a NYC location very soon, and cant wait. yes, i drink the koolaid. sweet sweet pink rapha koolaid.

Anarchist
07-23-2013, 08:56 PM
That isn't the image I have in my mind at all.

I guess it all depends on the skew on the prism you choose to look through.

charliedid
07-23-2013, 09:22 PM
"it's more like a very upscale clothing store that happens to sell stuff you can wear on the bike..."

Yeah, so if you didn't notice, Rapha is a clothing company.

rando
07-23-2013, 09:44 PM
A boutique? In California? Dripping with exaggerated personas?

Now surely you jest. If you got a chuckle out of that place I can really get you going with some other locales in SF.

;)

avalonracing
07-23-2013, 09:57 PM
"it's more like a very upscale clothing store that happens to sell stuff you can wear on the bike..."

Yeah, so if you didn't notice, Rapha is a clothing company.

I thought that they were just "Selling the dream".

FlashUNC
07-23-2013, 10:03 PM
Should a had a cup of coffee and a pastry. The guys there are all friendly enough, at least they are the couple times I've stopped by whenever I'm in town.

Lovetoclimb
07-23-2013, 10:26 PM
I wonder if they pay employees enough to afford the casual line of clothing thus encouraging them to wear said pieces to work? I dig most of the casual line stuff (knickers were garbage) and would find it quite comfortable to drink espresso and eat pastries in! Can't grow a mustache long enough to wax the corners though :mad:

joosttx
07-23-2013, 10:27 PM
Their cappuccino is epic....

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8365/8573029622_4267a6d679_c.jpg

jtakeda
07-23-2013, 11:20 PM
Never been to the store. Is it worth a trip? I pass it pretty frequently but never actually stopped in front or walked in.

Also never tried any of the gear, not because I dislike the image or think they're full of marketing fluff, it's just too much $$$$

Jaq
07-23-2013, 11:29 PM

And big. To go with that super-size cup holder & pen.

fourflys
07-23-2013, 11:38 PM
Never been to the store. Is it worth a trip? I pass it pretty frequently but never actually stopped in front or walked in.

Also never tried any of the gear, not because I dislike the image or think they're full of marketing fluff, it's just too much $$$$

It's worth the stop for sure... and I agree, the stuff looks fantastic... I just can't lay out the coin for it right now...

I would have gotten a coffe and pastery, but I was having some stomach issues that day...

professerr
07-24-2013, 12:18 AM
The thing about the SF Rapha store that made it feel most like a bike shop was the sort of meh quality of the displays, clothing racks and fixtures of the place -- just like bike shops used to be 20 years ago. I wasn't sure if this was intentional or not, but it felt unexpectedly low frills for such marketing driven company.

Coffee was better than any Starbucks, worse than any Ritual, Four Barrel, etc.

Just about no one looked comfortable, customers and staff alike.

Overall not my thing, but I can't fault their effort.

cat6
07-24-2013, 12:44 AM

Echo
07-24-2013, 01:16 AM
I was at the SF store about two weeks ago and found the staff nothing but helpful and friendly. The guy grabbed a bunch of stuff for me to try on from the back room... Why would you expect the typical bike shop experience at Rapha's store? They are obviously going to focus on their own products!

On a side note, their jeans are awesome! I practically live in the ones I bought there now. They are so comfortable for commuting!

rustychisel
07-24-2013, 04:45 AM
based on your descriptions i know at least one of the folks you encountered, a handful of other active members here do too. nice guy, strong cyclist. i find your post somewhat insulting and pointless. if everyone was nice and helpful at the store don't bother to insult them in a public forum after.

time to HTFU?

I found mocking, and gentle irony, no insults in the original description.

jr59
07-24-2013, 04:51 AM
Was it epic???

Rapha..that store company sure does get a LOT of grief around these parts.

I wish their stuff fit me better, but then again, I be more broke than I am right now!

oldpotatoe
07-24-2013, 06:50 AM
time to HTFU?

Indeed. Not a lot of love for Rapha in general in this forum but it's a lifestyle brand, yes? I will NEVER go into the Gap or A&F or a variety of bike stores around here(Trek store comes to mind as the Giant concept-y store as well).

The Title 9 a half block away is 'personed' by fit, tan, aggressive, athletic females..since that's their 'brand'..no frilly, big hair women need apply. It's personalized advertising and if ya don't like it, don't go in 'there'.

I sell HTFU socks BTW-

joosttx
07-24-2013, 08:05 AM
The thing about the SF Rapha store that made it feel most like a bike shop was the sort of meh quality of the displays, clothing racks and fixtures of the place -- just like bike shops used to be 20 years ago. I wasn't sure if this was intentional or not, but it felt unexpectedly low frills for such marketing driven company.

Coffee was better than any Starbucks, worse than any Ritual, Four Barrel, etc.

Just about no one looked comfortable, customers and staff alike.

Overall not my thing, but I can't fault their effort.

The coffee is four barrels. So true the no one looks very comfortable in there.

charliedid
07-24-2013, 09:09 AM
I thought that they were just "Selling the dream".

The Epic Dream. In B&W

fourflys
07-24-2013, 10:00 AM

thanks... true, no real insult meant... the original guy was very helpful and nice and is the only Asian guy I've ever seen with a handlebar mustache... :D

It was a bit ironic and I'm pretty sure most the sales people on there could ride me into little pieces of dust around SF...

as I said in my original post, it was overall a pleasant experience and I hope to have some Rapha stuff one day because it really is some nice stuff!

professerr
07-24-2013, 10:12 AM
The coffee is four barrels. So true the no one looks very comfortable in there.

The bean does not make the coffee. But theirs is good enough, and better than most.

crownjewelwl
07-24-2013, 10:35 AM
thanks... true, no real insult meant... the original guy was very helpful and nice and is the only Asian guy I've ever seen with a handlebar mustache... :D

It was a bit ironic and I'm pretty sure most the sales people on there could ride me into little pieces of dust around SF...

as I said in my original post, it was overall a pleasant experience and I hope to have some Rapha stuff one day because it really is some nice stuff!

i've never even seen a picture of an asian guy with a handlebar mustache...must be quite the sight

never step foot in a lululemon store!!!

Jaq
07-24-2013, 11:08 AM
I sell HTFU socks BTW-

The real question is - like white road shoes - who is truly fast enough to wear them?

Anyhoo... there's a store in Santa Monica called Bike Effect. Almost more of a LBB (Local Bike Boutique) than a LBS. The folks are great, they have a rep for their fitter and the quality of their bike service. They regularly organize test rides of various high-end bikes, like BMC & so on. Their mailing list emails are few, but pleasant. They also do a pretty mean espresso. You can spend a lot, or a little. I think I got some Deda bar tape for 10 bucks or so. All in all, it's a helluva little shop. Oh, and they're also the Rapha store.

Take from that what you will. I think they're great. I'm sure there's someone out there who thinks they blow. Like I counseled my kids when they were small: you can't be friends with everyone.

Louis
07-24-2013, 12:19 PM
Indeed. Not a lot of love for Rapha in general in this forum but it's a lifestyle brand, yes? I will NEVER go into the Gap or A&F or a variety of bike stores around here(Trek store comes to mind as the Giant concept-y store as well).

The Title 9 a half block away is 'personed' by fit, tan, aggressive, athletic females..since that's their 'brand'..no frilly, big hair women need apply. It's personalized advertising and if ya don't like it, don't go in 'there'.

Hmmmm, and with me being mostly a Shimano type, I wonder what would happen if I walked into a shop where the guy had a Campy tat? ;)

beeatnik
07-24-2013, 12:31 PM
The real question is - like white road shoes - who is truly fast enough to wear them?

Anyhoo... there's a store in Santa Monica called Bike Effect. Almost more of a LBB (Local Bike Boutique) than a LBS. The folks are great, they have a rep for their fitter and the quality of their bike service. They regularly organize test rides of various high-end bikes, like BMC & so on. Their mailing list emails are few, but pleasant. They also do a pretty mean espresso. You can spend a lot, or a little. I think I got some Deda bar tape for 10 bucks or so. All in all, it's a helluva little shop. Oh, and they're also the Rapha store.

Take from that what you will. I think they're great. I'm sure there's someone out there who thinks they blow. Like I counseled my kids when they were small: you can't be friends with everyone.

Not unlike single malt scotch, Bike Effect is an acquired taste and, essentially, useless for 99% of LA's cyclists.

Kirk007
07-24-2013, 01:06 PM

Anyone who rides for his or herself without regard for others' opinions.

Me: White shoes (on occasion), two sets of the HTFU socks from Old Potato, a mind your own business attitude (on antique steel bikes, sometimes rocking ambrosio nemesis), a thick skin and no speedometer or electronic gadget to tell me how slow I'm going.....

67-59
07-24-2013, 01:16 PM

It might be good...but to be epic, cappuccino must be served in a porcelain cup.

Kirk007
07-24-2013, 01:20 PM
It might be good...but to be epic, cappuccino must be served in a porcelain cup.

And those bubbles are kinda big to meet the epic standard for microfoam.

jr59
07-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Hmmmm, and with me being mostly a Shimano type, I wonder what would happen if I walked into a shop where the guy had a Campy tat? ;)

You would convert! :cool:

Other than that, you would walk around and think, wow, this is epic!!!!:cool:

zetroc
07-24-2013, 02:10 PM

It usually is, just not to go.

avalonracing
07-24-2013, 02:32 PM
It's funny about Rapha. I find that with all the "haters" there is also a contingent of people who are so touchy in protecting the brand. A brand that they have nothing to personally do with. Kind of like people who support their sports team to ridiculous extremes. Teams that are not home grown athletes from your town that you've known since childhood. Teams that are actually huge corporations and nothing more. But God forbid you say anything about how it's silly that they are walking around wearing something with the name of a big corporation on front (Ravens/Jets/Patriots etc) with some other dudes name on the back.

I have a friend who gets so damn defensive about Rapha that when a few of us teased him recently I thought he was going to cry. Talk about HTFU. Maybe it because he knew deep inside the money would have been better used by saving for his kids' college fund.

joosttx
07-24-2013, 02:33 PM
And those bubbles are kinda big to meet the epic standard for microfoam.

Don't knock it til you try it. The cappuccino is awesome, paper cup and all.

joosttx
07-24-2013, 02:36 PM
The bean does not make the coffee. But theirs is good enough, and better than most.

Are you talking coffee or cappuccino? The coffee is better at four barrels but the cappuccino is the same, I think .

beeatnik
07-24-2013, 02:36 PM
Potd

it's funny about rapha. I find that with all the "haters" there is also a contingent of people who are so touchy in protecting the brand. A brand that they have nothing to personally do with. Kind of like people who support their sports team to ridiculous extremes. Teams that are not home grown athletes from your town that you've known since childhood. Teams that are actually huge corporations and nothing more. But god forbid you say anything about how it's silly that they are walking around wearing something with the name of a big corporation on front (ravens/jets/patriots etc) with some other dudes name on the back.

I have a friend who gets so damn defensive about rapha that when a few of us teased him recently i thought he was going to cry. Talk about htfu. Maybe it because he knew deep inside the money would have been better used by saving for his kids' college fund.

joep2517
07-24-2013, 02:47 PM

This coming September I'll be in Cali to do the Fireflies West Ride and thought I'd stop in a few shops - Rapha and Above Category in the SF area and Bike Effect when we finish in LA. I've talked with the people at Bike Effects - I've been looking for a Colnago Firefly C59 and they came across as amiable people.

After all this talk, I still want to stop in a peruse those shops. Any other shops in SF and LA worth going to?

fuzzalow
07-24-2013, 02:55 PM
I have a friend who gets so damn defensive about Rapha that when a few of us teased him recently I thought he was going to cry.

You are a good friend.

I don't mean to disbelieve you, but I don't think your friend was truly made misty by the cruelty of you and your other friends bullying him on his Rapha tendencies. But not let that get in the way of a good story that dings at effete, profligate Rapha-wearing cyclists.

Me? I wear mostly Assos but I indulge in an epic garment every now and again. Go ahead and judge me by my cycling clothes if you wish. I won't cry. Promise.

Kirk007
07-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Don't knock it til you try it. The cappuccino is awesome, paper cup and all.

Just poking fun; but my foam is better off my home Vibbiemme machine.:)

RedRider
07-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Rapha is doing a brilliant job at creating a lifestyle brand. They have taken a page from the surf shop "evolution". Quicksilver, Billabong, etc have taken over the retailing from the traditional board and wax shop. Yes, those hardcore shops still exist but they are a small blip in the surfer lifestyle sales. They have sold the surfer dude image to millions that have never even been in the ocean.
Why battle it out with the big boys selling bikes and service when they can sell their own brand jeans and shaving cream?
Their pop up stores feed their online business. Their Continental rides feed their image. It's all good for the brand.

avalonracing
07-24-2013, 03:27 PM
I don't mean to disbelieve you, but I don't think your friend was truly made misty by the cruelty of you and your other friends bullying him on his Rapha tendencies. But not let that get in the way of a good story that dings at effete, profligate Rapha-wearing cyclists.

If it wasn't a HUGE breach of trust I would post the email that he sent me asking me to stop making Rapha jokes. I mean seriously, a 40-odd year old guy with kids asking me not make jokes about the expense and marketing lifestyle of a clothing line? Really?

I'll say it again... No wonder WWII vets think this generation is a bunch of wussies.

fuzzalow
07-24-2013, 03:45 PM
If it wasn't a HUGE breach of trust I would post the email that he sent me asking me to stop making Rapha jokes. I mean seriously, a 40-odd year old guy with kids asking me not make jokes about the expense and marketing lifestyle of a clothing line? Really?

I'll say it again... No wonder WWII vets think this generation is a bunch of wussies.

No kidding, true story huh? Well then mother McKree pin a rose on me. Please, no private e-mails posted, I might read too much that resonates with my own views and that will turn me all paranoid in my dealings with y'all 'round here. ;)

Louis
07-24-2013, 03:47 PM
You would convert! :cool:

Other than that, you would walk around and think, wow, this is epic!!!!:cool:

And I could show him my cycling-related tat. :)

(but it isn't brand-specific)

avalonracing
07-24-2013, 04:06 PM
No kidding, true story huh? Well then mother McKree pin a rose on me. Please, no private e-mails posted, I might read too much that resonates with my own views and that will turn me all paranoid in my dealings with y'all 'round here. ;)

Yup, no kidding. There is enough "truth is stranger than fiction" stuff in this world to make up things like this. Don't worry, no personal emails will be posted... Unless it's on a dare. ;)

azrider
07-24-2013, 04:12 PM
this will get to five pages easy.....

:rolleyes:

Louis
07-24-2013, 04:19 PM
this will get to five pages easy

I've often wondered why there are so many Rapha haters....

rando
07-24-2013, 04:21 PM
I've heard stories about some people with bike tattoos but nobody here has yet to step up with a Rapha one. So moot and invalid for this discussion.

It still burns me a little to be associated with countervailing stories that have nothing to do with the act of walking in and handing over money for a piece of clothing. That said I own pretty much the entire Pro Team line and multiples of a few items within that.

The amount of slack I catch is proportionally higher than say wearing Castelli into certain shops and being asked why I dragged that Italian crap in with me. Never had anyone zero in on the Italian manufacture of my Rapha bibshorts yet so I'll claim shortsightedness or just razzing. No tears as of this juncture.

avalonracing
07-24-2013, 04:24 PM
I've heard stories about some people with bike tattoos but nobody here has yet to step up with a Rapha one.

I would all but bet that someone has one. All hell, I would actually bet that someone does. Maybe not on this forum but someone does.

rccardr
07-24-2013, 04:26 PM
Really?

Somebody cares about the brand I wear on my ride?

I mean, I don't think anything in the basket is Rapha, but who knew?

Louis
07-24-2013, 04:30 PM
How about a Sky tattoo?

http://www.tattoosvalley.com/tattoopics/sun_and_moon/sun-moon-106.jpg

Louis
07-24-2013, 04:32 PM
Getting closer:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLIkJ3bC0idRezetqjaOEFYzNLztV_-x8XpoTb_GTYH4V_QLNz5w

fourflys
07-24-2013, 04:34 PM
I think this is my first epic thread I've ever started... ;)

joosttx
07-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Just poking fun; but my foam is better off my home Vibbiemme machine.:)

In defense, the brew is about 10 minutes there after and a few sips to boot.

Louis
07-24-2013, 06:02 PM
In defense, the brew is about 10 minutes there after and a few sips to boot.

Yeah, yeah.

Folks made excuses for the $150 white gloves too: ;)

http://road.cc/sites/default/files/imagecache/preview_500/images/Products/RaphaGrandTourGloves.jpg

Anarchist
07-24-2013, 06:31 PM
i've never even seen a picture of an asian guy with a handlebar mustache...must be quite the sight

never step foot in a lululemon store!!!

" never step foot in a lululemon store!!! "

You need to really take a long hard look at this statement, and think about what you are saying here.

There are few things more fun when out shopping with the family than getting hauled into the Lululemon store, either a seat in the store, or a bench by the door.

Very enjoyable sightseeing.

Louis
07-24-2013, 06:34 PM
You need to really take a long hard look at this statement, and think about what you are saying here

Anthony Weiner, is that you? :banana::banana::banana:

joosttx
07-24-2013, 06:51 PM

You need to really take a long hard look at this statement, and think about what you are saying here.

There are few things more fun when out shopping with the family than getting hauled into the Lululemon store, either a seat in the store, or a bench by the door.

Amen.... Best $150 ever spent

beeatnik
07-24-2013, 07:15 PM

Hells ya

pdmtong
07-24-2013, 07:55 PM
My wife grew up about 8 buildings west of the SFRCC on Filbert. her family still lives there so very easy to stop by when visiting my MIL or for family get togethers.

Rapha clothing aside, they do a really nice job with group rides and special events. It's quite fun to watch tour stages with other people. And, those folks are of course knowledgeable about the clothing. There is no snobbery there...I wish I was skinny enough to pull off a hipster look. John, the guy with the h-bar- is a really nice guy as are the rest of the folks.

whether you like the clothes or not, it's worth a visit if you are not local.

when I got together with happycampyer and his family a few months ago, we hit the SFRCC to fuel on coffee, then eventually over to Above Category via Muir Woods. I was glad our little west coast shops could offer something interesting for someone used to the high bling at Signature.

sfscott
07-24-2013, 08:13 PM
Are you talking coffee or cappuccino? The coffee is better at four barrels but the cappuccino is the same, I think .

Rapha in SF uses (and sells) Four Barrel.

sfscott
07-24-2013, 08:21 PM
I am relatively new to the Rapha thing, but I have to say, I think they make a good product. The experiences and service in their story is top-notch, and I like their creating a brand/image around the classics of Europe. They do a great job in design, packaging and brand-building. I respect that.

More importantly, I don't get why anyone cares what someone else wears. Rapha stuff is low key and tasteful. One can also find full Euro kits from lower level pro teams all over the Internet at cut-rate prices for last year's stuff. They may look a bit goofy being head to toe in a billboard, but so what?

If a person has the cash to buy a fancy bike or high-end clothes, more power to them. I don't get why there has to be a certain proficiency standard to buy anything nor why there is a perceived street cred to wearing one piece of kit vs. another. Hell, sometimes fit is an issue.

Very similar to all of the comments that pro X isn't a forum favorite because we don't like his form or level of panache. I thought the objective was for a rider to win--or help his team win. Want style points? Go watch ice skating.

rando
07-24-2013, 08:59 PM
It had to have been on here someone posted a link to a couple year old rapha blog post where a male and female they sponsor both respectively took the win in some highfalutin single speed event and turned down the traditional first place prize of a tattoo. That was the joke I was reaching for.

Edited to withdraw everything but my jocular tone towards the refusal of a tattoo due to realizing what they had to get tattooed on them. Win the race but sit up and let someone else cross the line first if you aren't CXsexual enough.

cc700
07-24-2013, 09:03 PM
It had to have been on here someone posted a link to a couple year old rapha blog post where a male and female they sponsor both respectively took the win in some highfalutin single speed event and turned down the traditional first place prize of a tattoo. That was the joke I was reaching for.

If they aren't even good enough for their own brand ambassadors..........

we are SSCX. We do not forgive. We do not forget. We do not care if you don't like tattoos. Don't like Tattoos? Don't win our races.

http://hodala.cx/tag/relegate/

I was there, I got 17th in men's C's that morning. I all but gave up racing, too.
Here's the "rapha" rider... at the time...
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvclwkg9IQ1qcc080o1_1280.jpg
photo credit me all rights reserved.

pdmtong
07-24-2013, 09:11 PM
we are SSCX. We do not forgive. We do not forget. We do not care if you don't like tattoos. Don't like Tattoos? Don't win our races.

http://hodala.cx/tag/relegate/

I was there, I got 17th in men's C's that morning. I all but gave up racing, too.
Here's the "rapha" rider... at the time...
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvclwkg9IQ1qcc080o1_1280.jpg
photo credit me all rights reserved.

ahhh. the "cesspool of filth"

classic, especially since the GGP venue is lost forever now.

I only got to race there two years. shame on me. but those two years were a lot of fun.

Jaq
07-24-2013, 11:28 PM
This coming September I'll be in Cali to do the Fireflies West Ride and thought I'd stop in a few shops - Rapha and Above Category in the SF area and Bike Effect when we finish in LA. I've talked with the people at Bike Effects - I've been looking for a Colnago Firefly C59 and they came across as amiable people.

After all this talk, I still want to stop in a peruse those shops. Any other shops in SF and LA worth going to?

There's a fairly new shop around the Topanga area (on the Valley side) that's a bit of a shop and a cafe. I've heard good things about it, though one guy said he got ripped off with a while-u-wait spoke replacement. Maybe someone knows the name of it? I'll try and find the name.

There's Cynergy; it's sorta high-end. There's also Helen's, a local chain that's most people's favorite all-around LBS. The Santa Monica shop is sorta their flagship; it's almost literally around the corner from Cynergy. Helen's also has a shop called I. Martin that caters to mostly higher-end riders.

Topanga Canyon Cyclery is pretty famous locally. Palos Verdes Bike shop has a good rep.

If you need work on your bike after the long ride, and don't mind doing it yourself, you can go to Bikerowave; it's a local DIY bike shop.

I'm sure others will chime in with their favorite LBSs. There are a lot of 'em around here.

cat6
07-25-2013, 12:00 AM

Jaq
07-25-2013, 12:02 AM
That's it! Thanks, Cat.

oldpotatoe
07-25-2013, 07:01 AM

Well, it's not on my forehead. I have to show it to most people who ask if we 'speak Campagnolo'.

What would happen, I would say hello, ask if I could help you..just like the Rapha guys probably did. If you had your bike and needed service, I would set up an appointment or if small, do it on the spot, even if it had sram on it, and it was a trekspecializedcannondalegiant, even with wheels that came outta box.

Kinda like the motorcycle mechanic that works on hondayamahasuzukikawasaki but has a Ducati tattoo.

fourflys
07-25-2013, 10:32 AM
Well, it's not on my forehead. I have to show it to most people who ask if we 'speak Campagnolo'.

What would happen, I would say hello, ask if I could help you..just like the Rapha guys probably did. If you had your bike and needed service, I would set up an appointment or if small, do it on the spot, even if it had sram on it, and it was a trekspecializedcannondalegiant, even with wheels that came outta box.

Kinda like the motorcycle mechanic that works on hondayamahasuzukikawasaki but has a Ducati tattoo.

:) :hello:

corky
07-25-2013, 02:07 PM
is it winter already in the northern hemi?

rando
07-25-2013, 03:14 PM
is the heat withering still in the northern hemi?

doldrums and fever as usual but the worst of the heat is past. :p

fourflys
07-25-2013, 07:47 PM
is it winter already in the northern hemi?

this is nothing for a Rapha thread... I was just making a humorous observation btw from my visit... for all I know the apathetic guy that rung me up might be apathetic all the time regardless of the situation... ;)