PDA

View Full Version : Serotta swag is back!

phcollard
07-23-2013, 04:28 PM
You'll have to fill an order form the old way - really old way - to order but that's nice stuff!

http://serotta.com/limited-edition-serotta-jerseys-shirts-hats-bottles-now-available/

alexstar
07-23-2013, 04:43 PM
Cooool stuff!

I, for one, would love to see (and buy) a cycling cap :banana:

Ahneida Ride
07-23-2013, 07:14 PM
Why black ?

Why not a color cars can see ?

MattTuck
07-23-2013, 07:17 PM
Cooool stuff!

I, for one, would love to see (and buy) a cycling cap :banana:

agreed. #capsnothats

Bruce K
07-23-2013, 07:20 PM
I kind of like the black

:cool:

BK

spdcyclist
07-23-2013, 09:21 PM
I would like to see a more representative selection of mens jersey sizes not just the smaller end of the bell curve. :mad:

Andrewlcox
07-23-2013, 11:42 PM
I am glad I can finally stop buying $20 Serotta water bottles on eBay.

I will be placing an order in the morning.

pdmtong
07-24-2013, 02:17 AM
I am glad I can finally stop buying $20 Serotta water bottles on eBay.

I will be placing an order in the morning.

like the graphics but dumb they did not go with the purist model/better valve.

pdmtong
07-24-2013, 02:19 AM
I would like to see a more representative selection of mens jersey sizes not just the smaller end of the bell curve. :mad:

another miss....I'm 5'10 and 170 and would buy the XL for shoulders. so no jersey for everyone bigger than me? if they dont want to stock inventory then sell them like vanilla recently did. open a pre-order window and once closed, only order what is paid for

jpw
07-24-2013, 03:33 AM
perfect colors for all the Sky fans on here :rolleyes:

happycampyer
07-24-2013, 07:37 AM
I like it—will place an order today. I realize that producing and selling branded products is like operating a small, separate (and possibly unprofitable or barely profitable) business, but it does create brand loyalty (and advertisement when it's worn on the road (kit) or out and about (t-shirts, etc.). I bet I have enough Moots swag bought over the years to buy another frame from them.

P.S. Re the Purist bottles, perhaps I'm in the minority, but I'm not a fan of the überoversized nozzles on them.

P.P.S. Maybe the color scheme is a subliminal reference to the recent merger with Blue? In any case, it looks sharp.

phcollard
07-24-2013, 07:58 AM
Anybody willing to purchase a t-shirt and a pair of socks for me and forward them to Montreal?

happycampyer
07-24-2013, 08:14 AM
Anybody willing to purchase a t-shirt and a pair of socks for me and forward them to Montreal?sure—I'll send you a pm

phcollard
07-24-2013, 08:25 AM
sure—I'll send you a pm

Thank you Bill. PM replied!

dekindy
07-24-2013, 09:29 AM
To quote a scene from the American President, Castelli must have pictures of Ben Serotta playing golf with Satan. The Castelli jersey that I received when I joined the Serotta Owner's Club was disappointing as it quickly developed lots of pulls and looked like crap. With all the companies that now accommodate small, custom runs and affordable prices, some like Voler that are designed by customers; why $110 Castelli jerseys that come in sizes that will accommodate about half the population? Really disappointing. Sock guy socks are great and might also be interested in a t-shirt, but no jersey.

pdmtong
07-24-2013, 09:52 AM
I like it—will place an order today. I realize that producing and selling branded products is like operating a small, separate (and possibly unprofitable or barely profitable) business, but it does create brand loyalty (and advertisement when it's worn on the road (kit) or out and about (t-shirts, etc.). I bet I have enough Moots swag bought over the years to buy another frame from them.

P.S. Re the Purist bottles, perhaps I'm in the minority, but I'm not a fan of the überoversized nozzles on them.

P.P.S. Maybe the color scheme is a subliminal reference to the recent merger with Blue? In any case, it looks sharp.

In my haste to comment I should have also said I do like the jersey and bottle graphics. There will never be a design that appeals to all but I think these are pretty sharp.

I like the purist bottles because they are so squeezable the huge gulp possibility is there and the top closure. I think specialized makes three versions - I am talking about the top end bottle.

All this said its nice Serotta bothered to put together the swag. Agree with bill completely the is a pita side business for them but a high value offering for customers.

mike p
07-24-2013, 10:05 AM
I also like the bottle and jersey graphics, but at 6'2 and large chested nothing they've got is gonna fit me.

Mike

BumbleBeeDave
07-24-2013, 10:12 AM
Ben could stand on the corner and hand out C-notes to every cyclist who passes by and people would still complain they had to actually come to a stop to get them from him . . . :rolleyes:

BBD

vav
07-24-2013, 10:43 AM
Hmmm....too matchy-matchy?

http://serotta.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/TwoBottles-150x140.jpg

http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1697863812&stc=1&d=1373394662

Steve in SLO
07-24-2013, 10:52 AM
No...perfectly matchy-matchy.
My brother has my old Otrott in those colors and guess what he's getting come Christmas?

bluesea
07-24-2013, 11:19 AM
I will order a jersey.

pdmtong
07-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Ben could stand on the corner and hand out C-notes to every cyclist who passes by and people would still complain they had to actually come to a stop to get them from him . . . :rolleyes:

BBD

dave, its a valid complaint when the jersey, which should be the flagship item, maxes out in my size. 5'10 and 170 and I'm the biggest person the jersey could fit? really?

pdmtong
07-24-2013, 12:08 PM
No...perfectly matchy-matchy.
My brother has my old Otrott in those colors and guess what he's getting come Christmas?

jealous. yea that is perfect match

boo-hoo for me. clash fail in a big way

http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=99609&stc=1&d=1343950637

Kirk007
07-24-2013, 01:12 PM
dave, its a valid complaint when the jersey, which should be the flagship item, maxes out in my size. 5'10 and 170 and I'm the biggest person the jersey could fit? really?

Agree. While I'm not counting, a large number of cyclists, maybe a majority, I see in Seattle that are on high end bikes would not fit in one of these jerseys. Personally I like the design but it does seem like a brain f*rt to not pick a manufacturer and sizing range that fits the demographics of purchasers (unless they only want skinny racer dudes rocking the jersey).

93legendti
07-24-2013, 01:16 PM
jealous. yea that is perfect match

boo-hoo for me. clash fail in a big way

http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=99609&stc=1&d=1343950637

Looks like the Ottrott ST I used to own. A bit small in the HT for me, other than that it was a great bike.

pdmtong
07-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Looks like the Ottrott ST I used to own. A bit small in the HT for me, other than that it was a great bike.

I recall you also had a team bike once upon a time. not many left...wonder where they all went?

vav
07-24-2013, 07:52 PM
Curious... anyone had problems ordering "swag"? Got an email from Serotta saying all the forms I sent were empty :confused:

dave thompson
07-24-2013, 08:16 PM
I love Serotta, but why in the world would a company that's trying to be relevant in today's market use such a clumsy and cumbersome method of ordering their products? It would seem to dissuade potential customers and tarnish Serotta's image.

phcollard
07-24-2013, 08:52 PM
I love Serotta, but why in the world would a company that's trying to be relevant in today's market use such a clumsy and cumbersome method of ordering their products? It would seem to dissuade potential customers and tarnish Serotta's image.

As much as I love the brand I must say I wandered too Dave. It's not that complicated to build a Paypal shopping cart.

jlwdm
07-25-2013, 06:18 AM

BBD

Not a tough crowd. I have two Serottas and am a big Serotta supporter, but the swag and ordering process are really disappointing. I keep hoping for Serotta to be heading in a better direction.

Serotta needs a better product and the ordering process is from 20 years ago.

BBD, I agree Serotta gets picked on too often here, but I think you are showing too much bias in this case.

Jeff

jblande
07-25-2013, 06:55 AM
I do not think Serotta is getting a tough time.

Compare:
http://www.parleecycles.com/store/

BumbleBeeDave
07-25-2013, 08:16 AM
BBD, I agree Serotta gets picked on too often here, but I think you are showing too much bias in this case.

Jeff

. . . but there is often too much bias against shown as well, and that's what motivated me in this particular case. People complain when there are no soft goods, then still complain when there are.

I'm just happy they are offering this stuff again.

BBD

54ny77
07-25-2013, 08:58 AM
hey serotta you need to offer fat guy sizing.

i got excited about ordering stuff, and now....i can only get socks. swell.

if the jersey won't fit, cannot commit....

deechee
08-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Does anyone have the jersey yet? Can I see a photo?

I emailed Serotta and they said they were still taking order so I'm debating getting one. I like my jerseys fitted, and debating between small and medium. I don't live in the US so once I order this, I probably won't be able to try it on before they close the doors.

SoCalSteve
08-01-2013, 12:20 PM
Does anyone have the jersey yet? Can I see a photo?

I emailed Serotta and they said they were still taking order so I'm debating getting one. I like my jerseys fitted, and debating between small and medium. I don't live in the US so once I order this, I probably won't be able to try it on before they close the doors.

Better order stuff QUICKLY!!! Sure seems like a roll of the dice at this point of the game...