PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article about Spec's designer

tiretrax
07-23-2013, 03:40 PM
http://www.wired.com/design/2013/07/robert-egger-specialized/?cid=co9577014

rice rocket
07-23-2013, 03:48 PM
I may not like his designs, but he seems like a standup guy.

texbike
07-23-2013, 04:33 PM
RESPECT! Cool background.

Thanks for posting the article. It's funny that he was the crazy-looking, naked guy in the Specialized Tri-Spoke ads from back in the day.

Texbike

rnhood
07-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Its the people that make a successful company and Specialized has the bases covered. Good article.

gemship
07-23-2013, 05:51 PM
Interesting article about this bike designer. One thing that puzzles me is where did he get his money to own this fabulous estate? I'm left to assume his wife is financially successful, maybe they are heirs to a great fortune, perhaps being a bike designer really pays that well?

I know it's not too out of the norm but Egger is only 51 and that estate is 50 acres in Calif. so not exactly a cheap place to be:rolleyes:

Gummee
07-23-2013, 09:19 PM
Interesting article about this bike designer. One thing that puzzles me is where did he get his money to own this fabulous estate? I'm left to assume his wife is financially successful, maybe they are heirs to a great fortune, perhaps being a bike designer really pays that well?

I know it's not too out of the norm but Egger is only 51 and that estate is 50 acres in Calif. so not exactly a cheap place to be:rolleyes:

Watsonville is the arse end of nowhere compared to the Bay Area. Morgan Hill is at the elbow, Gilroy a little further towards the butt-cheeks. Not a lot of anything going on in the hills above Salinas and up to Gilroy. :nah

IDK how much land was going for out there 25yrs ago, but it couldn't have been much 'cause no one wanted to live there.

M

gemship
07-23-2013, 09:44 PM
Watsonville is the arse end of nowhere compared to the Bay Area. Morgan Hill is at the elbow, Gilroy a little further towards the butt-cheeks. Not a lot of anything going on in the hills above Salinas and up to Gilroy. :nah

IDK how much land was going for out there 25yrs ago, but it couldn't have been much 'cause no one wanted to live there.

M

Good point. just makes too much sense and of course I didn't think of it :p

tiretrax
07-23-2013, 10:13 PM
And, he and his wife built the house themselves! Out of mud, too (adobe).