PDA

View Full Version : L A says his doping still 'polarizing topic' for many

William
07-23-2013, 08:25 AM
..."The reaction and fallout was more than I expected ... but that's life, I'm a big boy. Again a polarizing topic that left a lot of people stumped. It wasn't a pretty time. I didn't invent it, I didn't end it. My bad for playing along."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/23/us/lance-armstrong-interview/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

William

pbarry
07-23-2013, 08:28 AM
Obtuse.

avalonracing
07-23-2013, 08:32 AM
Lance is still doping? Wow, some people never learn.

R2D2
07-23-2013, 08:47 AM
In the interview he said he just happened to come along during a 20 year period of doping in cycling.

He was just a victim of circumstance.

But even if he doped to get up off a death bed and win 7 tours was pretty impressive.
Yea the dope helped but it still took hard work.

Now the money thing bothers me. He got rich by cheating.
Most people go to jail when they get rich by cheating.
Whether it be a scam,
or embezzlement,
or insider trading,
or drug trade.
But he's still rich.
I think that's what pissed Floyd off enough to try to burn the whole thing down.
Lance was living in a mansion
and Floyd was living in a tent.

Tony T
07-23-2013, 08:50 AM
Whether it be a scam,
or embezzlement,
or insider trading,
or drug trade.

...if they get caught, and even then....

Tony T
07-23-2013, 08:55 AM

You didn't buy that crap, did you? Floyd was never "poor". He was just not as rich as L.A., and not for lack of cheating, er, I mean trying

BumbleBeeDave
07-23-2013, 08:59 AM
. . . Let's move along."

Minimizing and self-justifying till the end. The best outcome we could hope for is that every other participant of RAGBRAI totally ignores him and he ends up riding by himself the whole time.

Lance, please just go away . . . :no:

BBD

PQJ
07-23-2013, 09:13 AM
Lance probably just pissed he didn't get an invite to the closing ceremony.

Floyd wasn't motivated by $$.

texbike
07-23-2013, 09:14 AM

I think that's what pissed Floyd off enough to try to burn the whole thing down.
Lance was living in a mansion

I strongly disagree with both of these points. I won't go in depth on the first point other than to say that it is RARE that corporate executive cheats are chased down and prosecuted (see the financial crisis of 2009 as a great example).

As for Floyd, he burned the whole thing down by painting himself into a corner by threatening to go to the authorities if LA & Co didn't give him a place on the team. They didn't give him a spot and it bit 'em in the rear end. If Floyd had been given a place on the team, he wouldn't have ever said a thing....

Texbike

christian
07-23-2013, 09:21 AM
If Floyd had been given a place on the team...Lance would've been in that convertible with Mig, Eddy, and Bernard.

Tony T
07-23-2013, 09:33 AM

So, he doped just to win the TDF? And you know this how?

FlashUNC
07-23-2013, 09:33 AM
It's not the doping that bothered me, but the vindictive, obsessive pursuit he had of anyone who didn't observe the omerta.

Seriously, he made one guy's life so miserable he moved to freakin' New Zealand to get away from him.

BumbleBeeDave
07-23-2013, 10:23 AM
It's not the doping that bothered me, but the vindictive, obsessive pursuit he had of anyone who didn't observe the omerta.

The bullying and harassment of anyone he didn't like are what distinguish him from all the other dopers.

BBD

echelon_john
07-23-2013, 10:24 AM
Douchenozzle.

PQJ
07-23-2013, 10:35 AM
T Squared - R2D2 implied that Floyd blew the whistle because of jealousy over things financial. My opinion is that Floyd wasn't motivated by $$ (or lack of $$) in blowing the whistle on Armstrong and everyone else. Like the opinions of those who thought Armstrong was clean (hint hint), I could be wrong.

Tony T
07-23-2013, 10:41 AM
T Squared - R2D2 implied that Floyd blew the whistle because of jealousy over things financial. My opinion is that Floyd wasn't motivated by $$ (or lack of $$) in blowing the whistle on Armstrong and everyone else. Like the opinions of those who thought Armstrong was clean (hint hint), I could be wrong.

I was referring to when Floyd was on-board with doping (i.e. when he was racing), not the time after he was caught.
Also, Floyd was never as poor as he made out to be, he just was never as rich as he wanted to be.

R2D2
07-23-2013, 10:47 AM
You didn't buy that crap, did you? Floyd was never "poor". He was just not as rich as L.A., and not for lack of cheating, er, I mean trying

It was a metaphor.
Father in law kills himself.
Gets divorced.
Looses a bunch of income.

And if he isn't concerned by money, why is he part of a whistle blower law suite where he stands to get 20 - 30% of any settlement?

But none of really know and this is a volatile subject.

I'll just leave it at Lance hoodwinked a bunch of people.

biker72
07-23-2013, 11:03 AM

Seriously, he made one guy's life so miserable he moved to freakin' New Zealand to get away from him.

It's well known that Lance has never been Mr. Personality. However I was very surprised with his vindictive ruthless methods of keeping people quiet. Ruining rider’s careers that didn’t support him was just beyond comprehension.

slidey
07-23-2013, 11:13 AM
Stupid journalists...when will they ever learn??!! You don't give Lance a mic, or even if you do, you don't publish the drivel! :butt:

texbike
07-23-2013, 11:17 AM
And if he isn't concerned by money, why is he part of a whistle blower law suite where he stands to get 20 - 30% of any settlement?

It seems to me that the whistle-blower lawsuit was a by-product of the overall developments and never an intended course of action by Landis. I'm not sure the guy had/has the mental capacity to think several plays forward.

Texbike

MattTuck
07-23-2013, 11:28 AM
I wish Jan Ullrich hadn't eaten so much schnitzel in the off season during those years.

norcalbiker
07-23-2013, 11:32 AM

This is one funny $hit!!! :crap:

pdmtong
07-23-2013, 12:10 PM
"I think it is just terrible and disgusting how everyone has treated Lance Armstrong, especially after what he achieved, winning seven Tour de France races while on drugs. When I was on drugs, I couldn't even find my bike."

- Willie Nelson

FlashUNC
07-23-2013, 12:21 PM
I wish Jan Ullrich hadn't eaten so much schnitzel in the off season during those years.

That beer and donuts diet totally let him down.

And come to think, is letting me down too.

Bruce K
07-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Those aren't donuts.

They are "ENERGY RINGS" - especially if they are cinnamon apple cider or there is chocolate frosting involved!

:banana::banana:

BK

R2D2
07-23-2013, 02:06 PM
It seems to me that the whistle-blower lawsuit was a by-product of the overall developments and never an intended course of action by Landis. I'm not sure the guy had/has the mental capacity to think several plays forward.

Texbike

He certainly didn't have much stage presence at the press conference when he was popped.

FlashUNC
07-23-2013, 02:45 PM
Those aren't donuts.

They are "ENERGY RINGS" - especially if they are cinnamon apple cider or there is chocolate frosting involved!

:banana::banana:

BK

That's what Jan says anyways. Ah the good ol' days...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1MvbbZrLPA8/Tj-SNaZdJXI/AAAAAAAARUs/QeOu33hyXOc/s400/T%2BMobile.jpg

Fiertetimestwo
07-23-2013, 06:31 PM

I've been to New Zealand- it's not that bad!:)