PDA

View Full Version : Campy freehubs

srice
07-22-2013, 06:51 PM
So, can these things be rebuiilt? I just had to replace one on my Speedvagen. It stopped making any noise while coasting about 3 miles from the end of the ride - I was worried that it might not reengage when I started pedaling again. Fortunately, I made it back to the my car but when I tore apart the wheel, I was greeted by an upper seal in pieces and tiny ball bearings falling out.

Am I destined to buy a new FH-BO015 (or Fulcrum RS-005) or can I get a few parts and restore this thing?

merlincustom1
07-22-2013, 10:59 PM
Rebuildable. Talk to Old P.

bikinchris
07-23-2013, 02:22 AM
They can be completely rebuilt. Every single part is available.

oldpotatoe
07-23-2013, 06:54 AM
So, can these things be rebuiilt? I just had to replace one on my Speedvagen. It stopped making any noise while coasting about 3 miles from the end of the ride - I was worried that it might not reengage when I started pedaling again. Fortunately, I made it back to the my car but when I tore apart the wheel, I was greeted by an upper seal in pieces and tiny ball bearings falling out.

Am I destined to buy a new FH-BO015 (or Fulcrum RS-005) or can I get a few parts and restore this thing?

Steel axle or aluminum? On either you can replace the upper bearing. The lower bearing is held in with a blind c clip that is really hard to get out(impossible, IMHO). If the lower bearing is dead, new FH body BUT in early 2000, changed the FH body to a one piece aluminum one, with a lobed axle, that unfortunately is not compatible with older axles.

srice
07-23-2013, 07:17 AM
Steel axle or aluminum? On either you can replace the upper bearing. The lower bearing is held in with a blind c clip that is really hard to get out(impossible, IMHO). If the lower bearing is dead, new FH body BUT in early 2000, changed the FH body to a one piece aluminum one, with a lobed axle, that unfortunately is not compatible with older axles.

It is newer black Campy Record hub - I'm not sure about axle material (didn't pay attention.) It is definitely the upper bearing. I'll PM you to check on parts.

oldpotatoe
07-23-2013, 07:19 AM
It is newer black Campy Record hub - I'm not sure about axle material (didn't pay attention.) It is definitely the upper bearing. I'll PM you to check on parts.

All aluminum FH body with a lobed aluminum axle..Bearing is a standard 6703, 6803??(??)...I'm at home but I have them, Easy to replace, do it all the time.