Very Nice! Awesome!

Antonio :beer:

Big Dan
12-20-2005, 12:54 PM
Yeah that's what I'm talking about...... :D

:beer:

Ahneida Ride
12-20-2005, 01:01 PM
A classic Beauty. :beer: Just call me ole fashion.

Now a Serotta COULD look as good or better?, If Uncle Ben would stop plastering decals all over a frame's empty real estate. :crap: :no: :butt:

Perhaps the best reason to go Custom Serotta. so you can dump Uncle Ben's decals. ;)

scrooge
12-20-2005, 01:12 PM
One of these is on my list of dream bikes.
Was just looking at the web page and couldn't find any prices. Is this one of those, "if you have to ask you can't afford it" deals?

MartyE
12-20-2005, 01:16 PM
nicest threadless stem I've seen,
and I don't like threadless stems

very classy looking machine.

marty

weisan
12-20-2005, 01:16 PM
Curt-pal, me likey.

e-RICHIE
12-20-2005, 01:31 PM
One of these is on my list of dream bikes.
Was just looking at the web page and couldn't find any prices. Is this one of those, "if you have to ask you can't afford it" deals?

they worth every penny he charges.
curt g. is part of the NEXT WAVE.
don't wait too long...

shinomaster
12-20-2005, 01:33 PM
Who else??

William
12-20-2005, 01:35 PM
Builders builders every where! We just need to see more of them! :cool:

William

William
12-20-2005, 01:39 PM
A classic Beauty. :beer: Just call me ole fashion.

Now a Serotta COULD look as good or better?, If Uncle Ben would stop plastering decals all over a frame's empty real estate. :crap: :no: :butt:

Perhaps the best reason to go Custom Serotta. so you can dump Uncle Ben's decals. ;)

Repeat after me now Uncle AR.

Skunk......Bird. ;)

William

shinomaster
12-20-2005, 01:43 PM
Uncle Ben should just hire some goons from over seas, pay them with green cards and threats, and have them make luged steel bikes for him at lower prices.

pbbob
12-20-2005, 01:52 PM
nice frame. bikes always look better when they are pictured in the big ring like that.

Ozz
12-20-2005, 02:00 PM
very, very nice. great colors...

just some thoughts....

Silver brakes and seatpost...
White bar tape....

Otherwise...just about perfect.

IMHO, of course.

OldDog
12-20-2005, 02:10 PM
There's a market for SILVER components. Dump the carbon on the chorus and bring back the polished aluminum!

Beautiful bike.

just some thoughts....

White bar tape....

IMHO, of course.

shinomaster
12-20-2005, 02:17 PM
There's a market for SILVER components. Dump the carbon on the chorus and bring back the polished aluminum!

Beautiful bike.

Centaur works just as well and is a lot less money.

Ahneida Ride
12-20-2005, 03:11 PM

White bar tape....

BINGO !! Bike screams for traditional silver components ! :banana:

and a Brooks too !!! ;)

Ken Robb
12-20-2005, 03:11 PM
gorgeous stem too.

Serotta PETE
12-20-2005, 03:39 PM
What a great looking bike and presentation. Only question is what is that white stuff on the ground....

William
12-20-2005, 03:43 PM
...Only question is what is that white stuff on the ground....

The reason I'm looking at Cross bikes. ;)

William

Tom
12-20-2005, 03:49 PM
I live right around the corner from our city park that is just packed full of trails and woods and fields. Nothing spectacular but one could go over there on a cross bike and amuse themselves for an hour or two until they got really cold. They did have a race over there this fall, as a matter of fact.

Now I guess I need a cross bike, too. Aw shucks.

Do you suppose I could put a couple of wheels on the old Trek that turn and would fit some chewy cross tires after I pull apart the stem and get it turning, too? Or should I look around for a project frame?

William
12-20-2005, 03:56 PM
I live right around the corner from our city park that is just packed full of trails and woods and fields. Nothing spectacular but one could go over there on a cross bike and amuse themselves for an hour or two until they got really cold. They did have a race over there this fall, as a matter of fact.

Now I guess I need a cross bike, too. Aw shucks.

Do you suppose I could put a couple of wheels on the old Trek that turn and would fit some chewy cross tires after I pull apart the stem and get it turning, too? Or should I look around for a project frame?

Sounds like you have the begining of a plan! ;) Either or. Though I think you would want to at least find a project frame that has clearance for the tires and will take canti's. Or if you have a little cash busting out of your wallet, a new cross rig could be the way to go. Either way, get yourself a cross rig and go ride those trails and melt some snow.

William

OldDog
12-20-2005, 04:38 PM
Centaur works just as well and is a lot less money.

I can't ask Campy to pull the carbon from Record, so Chorus is the next choice for us posers desiring snob appeal. :D

fwiw a year ago (maybe two) I installed a Racing Triple crank and changers (now Centaur 10?) on an old Spectrum with '98 record brifters. Works just swell and gets my bones up the molehills around here.

saab2000
12-20-2005, 09:31 PM
Nice wheels

YO!!!
12-20-2005, 09:32 PM
*****in' fork Curt.

BRAV-ISSIMO!!!

Grant McLean
12-20-2005, 09:58 PM

Beautiful bike.

The Record brakes still come in silver. As do hubs, alloy cranks, headset,
bb cups...or if you if you don't want any carbon, just buy a centaur group.

-gee

dbrk
12-26-2005, 01:54 PM
What is perhaps most remarkable about this Goodrich is that it is a 65cm!! When was the last (or maybe the first) time you've seen a bike this large look _this_ correct: the proportions, the elegance and simplicity of it are perfectly concealed because you don't even _notice_ that it's so large. Having had some hand in the design of bikes it's really, really hard to build examples that look this right in a size this "outside" the boundaries of bicycle norms. Truly, that in itself signifies. And if a bike looks this right it's a guarantee that it rides just as right. That's really interesting because it means that form flows into function in a way that function does not always meet form. (To wit, a bike like this _will_ ride perfectly while some that look like they were put together by drunken wombats will also ride, more or less, fine despite their looks.) Such quality in craft is almost certainly further concealing things that bring this to extraordinary levels of accomplishment--- though those levels might not translate into "the ride" but only into the experience of owning such a bike. I mean, its tubes, got angles, alignment, etc., but it's got points of finish and execution that you likely can't see and may not be "necessary" ride-wise but they set this apart. If you took off the paint and had an eye for the virtually invisible details what you would see is matchless craft and commitment that is evident only in the very, very best builders--- folks who will take the time, have the experience, and can really pull it off. Goodrich, Spectrum, Sachs, Kirk, custom round, et.al....but this is an -issimo nonpareil.

I gush but I mean it.

dbrk

Sandy
12-26-2005, 02:23 PM
I had no idea that the bike is 65 cm (or even large). It really is a remarkably balanced looking bike for being so large. I have never seen such a large bike as balanced looking as that one.

Not too balanced,

Sandy

William
12-27-2005, 06:09 AM
I can usually get a good sense of the size of a bike by comparing the size of the HT to the wheels. I think that the two things that threw me on the size of this bike were one: (as dbrk stated) The symmetry of the frame. And two: The blue panels break up the expanse of white on the HT and ST.

In admiring the symmetry, I over looked gauging the size. It just looks "right".

William

Dekonick
12-27-2005, 06:30 AM

Beautiful bike.

I just bought a Centaur set for that exact reason.