PDA

View Full Version : Did you catch Froome's victory speech

dekindy
07-21-2013, 05:11 PM
"This is a TDF Victory that will stand the test of time".

Elefantino
07-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Yes, and I'm surprised the light show on the Arc de Triomphe didn't have a giant middle finger raised toward a photo of You Know Who.

phcollard
07-21-2013, 05:32 PM
Another d-bag statement. Sorry for the negativeness but I can't stand this guy anymore. Let's move to something (somebody?) else and forget him!

sg8357
07-21-2013, 05:37 PM
Yes, and I'm surprised the light show on the Arc de Triomphe didn't have a giant middle finger raised toward a photo of You Know Who.

Angela Merkel or Otto Von Bismarck ?

gavingould
07-21-2013, 06:06 PM
Why are we all mad at this guy again?

Is it because he won - and the last decade or two all TdF winners are suspected dopers?
Is it the late/penalized feed handup?
General Team Sky hate?
Is it his ugly position and pedaling style?

All of the above are perfectly valid reasons if ya ask me.

I'd rather talk about Kittel dethroning Cavendish a couple times.

corky
07-21-2013, 06:31 PM
Another d-bag statement. Sorry for the negativeness but I can't stand this guy anymore. Let's move to something (somebody?) else and forget him!

why didyou read this thread?

avalonracing
07-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Why are we all mad at this guy again?

Is it because he won - and the last decade or two all TdF winners are suspected dopers?
Is it the late/penalized feed handup?
General Team Sky hate?
Is it his ugly position and pedaling style?

Rapha.

kmla320
07-21-2013, 07:02 PM
Yeah,Froome's an idiot,So is Armstrong.We need a Frenchman to win the damn thing !!

Elefantino
07-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Rapha.

Hater. ;)

nighthawk
07-21-2013, 07:21 PM
"This is a TDF Victory that will stand the test of time".

but what about the test of blood?

false_Aest
07-21-2013, 07:35 PM

back to Alberto?
Cuddles?
Andy?
oooh, Floyd?

Quintana?
Basso?
Nibali?
Sagan? (Cuz he's not doping!)

Let's get back to what's important... The Tour is over. Sharkweek is coming up!

slidey
07-21-2013, 07:44 PM
Well played! :banana:

but what about the test of blood?

alessandro
07-21-2013, 08:00 PM
Rapha.

Not just Rapha. Rapha with bib straps showing:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BOf9j08CEAIG97o.png:large

cinema
07-21-2013, 08:15 PM
but but fox news says he's clean too!

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/07/21/chris-froome-wins-100th-tour-de-france-and-says-his-victory-will-stand-test/

bart998
07-21-2013, 08:30 PM
Why all the hate at Chris Froome? I thought he did it with a lot more style than Wiggins.

pbarry
07-21-2013, 08:39 PM
why all the hate at chris froome? I thought he did it with a lot more style than wiggins.

+1

paulh
07-21-2013, 08:44 PM
"Without her encouragement to follow my dreams, I'd probably be at home watching this event on TV. It's a great shame she never got to come see the Tour, but I'm sure she'd be extremely proud if she were here tonight."
-Chris Froome

"Have a safe journey home and don't get too drunk tonight.” - Bradley Wiggins

R3awak3n
07-21-2013, 09:36 PM
Plus the dude is from Kenya, he probably had it a lot harder than Wiggins, etc.

bontie
07-22-2013, 01:19 AM
Doubtful he had it harder than Wiggins...

He moved to Johannesburg in his early teens. All people in africa do not live in huts/shacks like some want to believe. I bet Froome's teenage years were spent wanting for very little.

Wiggins grew up on a council estate without a father etc...

oldpotatoe
07-22-2013, 06:43 AM
Yeah,Froome's an idiot,So is Armstrong.We need a Frenchman to win the damn thing !!

'WE' do?

sc53
07-22-2013, 09:26 AM
I lost count of the ways Armstrong was ignored throughout these 3 weeks - in the NBCSN coverage opening montage each day with iconic shots of prior TDF winners to the prior multiple-TDF winners on the final podium with Froome. ForgetStrong!

malcolm
07-22-2013, 12:30 PM
I thought it was a good tour. Froome isn't pretty on the bike, but I've not noticed any overly dickish behavior.
The "this victory will stand statement" sounds remarkably like something Armstrong might have said during his string of victories.
I'm glad he won and it will be interesting to see if Porte is on another team to challenge him next year.

binxnyrwarrsoul
07-22-2013, 12:54 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/07/21/chris-froome-wins-100th-tour-de-france-and-says-his-victory-will-stand-test/

And you just know they speak the truth.

binxnyrwarrsoul
07-22-2013, 12:55 PM
forgetstrong!

potd.

FlashUNC
07-22-2013, 12:59 PM
There'll be celebrations in Eternia for a long time over this. Finally, Skeletor won something.

https://raw.github.com/chrisbarrett/skeletor/master/skeletor.jpg

donevwil
07-22-2013, 01:02 PM
'we' do?

+1

jpw
07-22-2013, 02:50 PM
it's clear that so many people on this forum feel an acute sense of betrayal, that USPS and Armstrong deceived them and stole away their dreams. Once bitten, twice shy i understand, but getting your retaliation in first against Froome is weak. I doubt anyone here would dare to repeat their insinuendo to Froome in person, directly, face to face. The douche is the Texan, not the Kenyan.

alessandro
07-22-2013, 03:08 PM
jpw, Froome is British, not Kenyan. As Malcom said, he hasn't exhibited any overly dickish behavior, as opposed to say, Wiggins' losing his temper at the usual and totally expected doping questions in the bone-idle w*nkers episode.

The problems are two: Froome's dominating performance, and Sky's terrible PR. As has been observed elsewhere, it's very odd for a team that plans for every variable down to 1/128th tolerances should be so unprepared, or unskilled, at managing the press.

Finally, yes, the Texan remains a douche. But was he the only doper to use oxygen transport drugs since 1990? (Maybe LA was the only one that mattered in the U.S. of A.) The point is, it's not about retaliation. It's about having been lied to for more than 20 years by just about everyone in professional cycling. Questioning performances that dramatically exceed the field is what people should be doing.

jpw
07-22-2013, 03:30 PM
jpw, Froome is British, not Kenyan. As Malcom said, he hasn't exhibited any overly dickish behavior, as opposed to say, Wiggins' losing his temper at the usual and totally expected doping questions in the bone-idle w*nkers episode.

The problems are two: Froome's dominating performance, and Sky's terrible PR. As has been observed elsewhere, it's very odd for a team that plans for every variable down to 1/128th tolerances should be so unprepared, or unskilled, at managing the press.

Finally, yes, the Texan remains a douche. But was he the only doper to use oxygen transport drugs since 1990? (Maybe LA was the only one that mattered in the U.S. of A.) The point is, it's not about retaliation. It's about having been lied to for more than 20 years by just about everyone in professional cycling. Questioning performances that dramatically exceed the field is what people should be doing.

I'm British. He's not British, he's Kenyan. The only reason he isn't riding under a Kenya license is the politics of Nairobi.

Sky is a media corporation. Don't expect its media industry competitors to report with objectivity.

FlashUNC
07-22-2013, 03:30 PM
jpw, Froome is British, not Kenyan.

While it seems that Froome would very much like to distance himself from the Kenyan federation -- he is Kenyan by birth.

He's able to race with a British license due to the fact his father is British and his grandparents are British, but he was born to a Kenyan mother and emigrated British father in Nairobi. They then moved to South Africa, and he spent the early part of his career racing exclusively on the African continent.

Froome's gone to great lengths to disassociate himself from Kenya, notably with a very ugly split with their national federation when he decided to pursue a British pro license.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/07/news/froomes-birthplace-celebrates-tour-win-but-wishes-it-was-for-kenya_296459

The guy is many things, and one of them is Kenyan.

alessandro
07-22-2013, 07:36 PM
I'm British. He's not British, he's Kenyan. The only reason he isn't riding under a Kenya license is the politics of Nairobi.

Sky is a media corporation. Don't expect its media industry competitors to report with objectivity.

OK, so it's been established that he's not British.

Your second statement, however, is obtuse to the point of... whatever. If there is a point in there. Are you really trying to construe that the non-Sky media somehow has the long knives out for Froome because he rides for Sky? And that's why he's being questioned unfairly, rather than for blowing away the competition with super-fast seated accelerations? If so, :help:

Remember, Murdoch didn't invent it, but he pretty much perfected the art of non-objective media posing as objective.

jbrainin
07-22-2013, 07:57 PM
Chris Froome: a champion who will last a lunchtime.

fiamme red
07-23-2013, 10:12 AM

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/07/21/chris-froome-wins-100th-tour-de-france-and-says-his-victory-will-stand-test/No surprise there. Both Fox News and Sky are owned by Rupert Murdoch.