PDA

View Full Version : Mr. and Mrs. Squirrel tried to get me

bart998
07-17-2013, 11:04 PM
Today I was riding along the south shore of Puddingstone when I was surprised by not one, but two rodent kamikazes who dashed between my wheels! Luckily I still got the moves...

Louis
07-17-2013, 11:24 PM
That makes a least three lucky critters today, because as I was driving home I saw one run full speed toward the road half a second before my car got to that spot. I don't know exactly what route he ended up taking, but I didn't feel the tires go over anything, so he must have made it. I'm nearly certain he went between the two right wheels, then maybe between the two rear wheels. When I looked in the rear-view mirror he was gone.

On the "surprisingly smart" end of things, on my bike ride today I actually saw a deer stroll up to the road, look, see me, and stop. He then decided to try to cross, walked out to the middle of the road, then figured it was too risky, and went back. (He could have made it easily because I was climbing a shallow hill and couldn't have been doing more than 10 mph) He then looped around behind me and crossed the road about 20 yards behind me. Usually the deer I've seen just go for it, whether you're a bike or an 18-wheeler.