PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using a TiGr lock?

Gsinill
07-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Not cheap but the form factor looks interesting, especially for transporting it on that beater you use to run errands.
http://tigrlock.com/product/

moose8
07-17-2013, 01:50 PM
They look awesome to me, too. I noticed when considering them that they got four stars and two "sleutals" on a dutch lock testing website, whereas lots of other locks got four stars and other numbers of "sleutals". I'm assuming 4 is better than 2, but I don't really know.

http://www.stichtingart.nl/sloten_resultaat.asp

TheEnglish
07-17-2013, 04:41 PM
I haven't used one personally, but I have met the guys who started and currently own the company. They are cool guys who have a great product and are working on the marketing aspect of the business.

In my opinion, the product is solid (though expensive). They are extremely light and compact for the security that they offer. The lock core is a high end lock core that can not be easily defeated. The Ti bar is also hard to defeat. I think their customer is someone who has a nice bike and doesn't want to carry 5-10 lbs. of lock.

I am giving serious thought to picking one up as I only have a giant chain lock from Kryptonite that I only take when I go on grocery runs. I would like to have a lock available on my commuter / grocery getter all the time that has more security than a cheap cable lock.

I do have a friend who has one so if you have specific questions, I may be able to answer them.

Gsinill
07-17-2013, 04:55 PM
...I think their customer is someone who has a nice bike and doesn't want to carry 5-10 lbs. of lock.

That would be me...

I would love to more often hop on a bike to get groceries instead of pulling out the car but there are currently only 2 options:

Get an old rusty POS bike that I could leave unlocked
Carry my big a** Kryptonite which already takes up half the backbag

Neither one is appealing.

bluesea
07-17-2013, 07:02 PM
Never mind, found the store, duh.