PDA

View Full Version : Stage 17 Time Trial Discussion (with likely spoilers)

MattTuck
07-17-2013, 08:46 AM
Descending these turns in the rain.... and the tour can't get some hay bails on the more treacherous ones?

I have this vision of a ride losing his front wheel and sliding knee first into a granite curb... that would shatter bones.

stien
07-17-2013, 08:48 AM
I'm out on the water today, can anyone feed me some good results?

MattTuck
07-17-2013, 08:51 AM
I'm out on the water today, can anyone feed me some good results?

Tejay Van Garderen has the fastest time so far. It is starting to rain on the course, so his lead has the possibility of holding if the latter riders have to really baby the first descent.

cyclingnews.com probably will have better live updates.

chengher87
07-17-2013, 09:34 AM
There goes Froome, let's see the first time check.

Andy Schleck also puts in a GREAT time trial, wow, that was unexpected. Maybe he is finally coming into climbing form. Cannot wait to see what he does in the mountains and the Vuelta (if he rides it).

thegunner
07-17-2013, 09:49 AM
damn valverde (and contador is apparently 20s under his time checks...)

now we sit back and wait for froome to blow everyone away by another minute or so :p

MattTuck
07-17-2013, 09:49 AM
So much for the promise of rain causing some havoc for the GC guys...

christian
07-17-2013, 10:00 AM
Cycling news is talking about bike changes. Are riders actually swapping to road bikes for the hills and then swapping back???

MattTuck
07-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Cycling news is talking about bike changes. Are riders actually swapping to road bikes for the hills and then swapping back???

They are swapping bikes... the ones I've seen are swapping to TT bikes for the latter part of the course.

I am not sure if they started on TT bikes and switched to road, I doubt it.

chengher87
07-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Wow, Peraud is having a terrible time-trial and now he's done. Joaquim Rodriguez with the best time and Kreuzinger threatening to take it.

4Rings6Stars
07-17-2013, 10:25 AM
17:25:01 CEST
And he takes it! Froome wins again, by 8.8 seconds over Contador

17:25:30 CEST
Contador can only look and shake his head.

Bruce K
07-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Started on road bikes and swapped to TT bikes for the final descent.

It seemed to be the good strategy as all who did were faster than those who didn't.

A couple of guys blew some corners in the wet or from over-cooking their entry speed.

BK

FlashUNC
07-17-2013, 10:45 AM
Skeletor strikes again!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PmYB1rxar70/TZ3w6vHMwCI/AAAAAAAAEXY/S8J_U5JuNjg/s400/skeletor08.jpg

acorn_user
07-17-2013, 02:25 PM
That was another great stage. It bodes well for the coming few days.

T.J.
07-17-2013, 03:00 PM
Forget all that...Andy was 15th!!!!

firerescuefin
07-17-2013, 03:14 PM
AC is very entertaining to watch...battles like a MAN. Easy to root for...every chance he has had or thought he had...he has tried to take up the fight.

I am not an Andy SChleck fan...but will be happy to see him complete this Tour..and hope he is back as an animator in the future.

Shortsocks
07-17-2013, 04:03 PM
AC is very entertaining to watch...battles like a MAN. Easy to root for...every chance he has had or thought he had...he has tried to take up the fight.

I am not an Andy SChleck fan...but will be happy to see him complete this Tour..and hope he is back as an animator in the future.

How are the ribs man? Recovering at all?

firerescuefin
07-17-2013, 04:17 PM
How are the ribs man? Recovering at all?

Sore...on the trainer...in the gym as much as possible...actually on family vacation in Winter Park...Co...watching the folks head up Berthoud Pass is killing me...plent of time to watch the tour and get my IPAD on :rolleyes:

jr59
07-17-2013, 04:28 PM
Sore...on the trainer...in the gym as much as possible...actually on family vacation in Winter Park...Co...watching the folks head up Berthoud Pass is killing me...plent of time to watch the tour and get my IPAD on :rolleyes:

Don't forget SEC media days are going on right now!

Shortsocks
07-17-2013, 04:36 PM

That's the worst. I had a horrible saddle sore situation in New Mexico years ago...I was cursing my taint and every cyclist that passed by me. :banana:

Get well man. Don't let the Ribs get you down. Serves you right for playing golf. :butt: