PDA

View Full Version : Dust caps on current Pista

summilux
07-15-2013, 03:54 PM
I'm trying to remove some Pista cranks. Is that a T30 fitting on the dust cap? 5mm Allen fits in but doesn't grab and a T25 is too small. I can't decide if it's a stripped out 5mm or a Torx bigger than T25. 6mm Allen doesn't fit in. Anybody know? Couldn't find anything on the Campy site. My biggest Torx is a T25 and would rather not have to wheel the bike into a hardware store to find out.

oldpotatoe
07-16-2013, 07:03 AM
I'm trying to remove some Pista cranks. Is that a T30 fitting on the dust cap? 5mm Allen fits in but doesn't grab and a T25 is too small. I can't decide if it's a stripped out 5mm or a Torx bigger than T25. 6mm Allen doesn't fit in. Anybody know? Couldn't find anything on the Campy site. My biggest Torx is a T25 and would rather not have to wheel the bike into a hardware store to find out.

Not Torx, 5mm allen is what it started life as. Probably stripped/oversized/elongated.

Can try an american size allen to tap in there to get them out, then leave them out-they don't do anything on a properly installed crank.

summilux
07-16-2013, 08:12 AM
Sigh. I guess they make the dust caps out of the same stuff used for ST bottom bracket cups.