PDA

View Full Version : my little GREAT discovery yesterday...

weisan
12-19-2005, 08:42 AM
I finally got it!

I was out ridding yesterday on the lugged steel mounted with a pair of campy 8 brifters gifted from Bill-Bove-Bill-pal.
It was the first time that the temperature got cold enough for me to put on my NASHBAR big lobster gloves. I was riding on the tops of the handlebar for the most part, and when I need to downshift, my hands stayed exactly where they are, just need to use my little pinkie to poke slightly at the knob, and IT SHIFTED!. What a concept!

Man, I LOVE CAMPY! Everything should work like it, or at least look like it. :banana:
http://alicehui.com/serotta/dr_eveil/dr_eveil.jpg

I don't mean to start a S-vs-C war here. We already got our regular they-never-die "weight matters-(not)" thread going somewhere...

Tailwinds
12-19-2005, 09:03 AM
Our very own Ginger gifted me a wool Giro di Bozeman jersey that she had leftover from her order. Thanks, MaryAnn -- wool is AWESOME! :banana:

I have been wearing a thin, long-sleeved undershirt, the short-sleeved wool jersey, and my Assos wind-block jacket (that I got on sale for about $150 at Schwab -- whatta deal) in temps down into the 20s -- and I stay warm and UN-clammy! I think that's where the wool really shines -- no more clamminess. I am now on the search for other women's specific, soft wool jerseys.

Now if I can find a thin balaclava that doesn't have a seam that presses into my forehead leaving what looks like a brain surgery scar... the PI one doesn't fit the bill.

Oh, and maybe some silver Record brifters...

ergott
12-19-2005, 09:07 AM
Ahh, the pinckie shift. Isn't that great??!!

Fixed
12-19-2005, 11:00 AM
bro leave it to bro weisan to find joy in the little things of life cheers merry christmas