PDA

View Full Version : Silver Record lever blades

sjbraun
07-14-2013, 05:28 PM
Okay, so I know this is totally a vanity thing, but humor me. I'm looking for my next build to have all silver components. The only parts I'm missing are shift levers. I have an almost new pair of Record 10 speed carbon levers. Is it possible to get silver blades to replace the carbon ones currently in place?

Or if anyone has a like new set of 2010 silver Centaur levers and would consider a trade for some like new Record levers.

Thanks

saab2000
07-14-2013, 05:43 PM
There were Record silvers but I think in 9-speed only. And they're rare. They can be converted to 10 I think.

I will say on the record that my aluminum Chorus 10-speed Ergo shifters are the best Ergo shifters I've had. The next best are the aluminum 8-speed Records.

Then I have a pair of the new-shape Centaurs on my Zank that are especially good. I have no idea why, but all the ones I've had have been ever so slightly different and some are in fact better than others.

And I'm totally convinced that the aluminum ones are better than the plastic 'carbon' ones. They're probably a tiny bit stiffer and thus a bit more precise.

Sorry I can't help with the Record..... But yeah, they're really good. Better than the plastic ones IMHO.

Ahneida Ride
07-14-2013, 06:41 PM
I have first generation Record 10 ....
like right off the ship

I believe I had the choice of Silver or Carbon at the time ......

I went with the Carbone :butt: :help:

csm
07-14-2013, 07:02 PM
I've got 10 spd chorus levers.... Silver. First generation I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

fogrider
07-14-2013, 09:58 PM
the carbon is not carbon, it's plastic. the aluminum lever is aluminum where as the plastic ones have a flux carbon sticker on one side of the lever.

Jaq
07-14-2013, 11:42 PM
Why not just go with a modern Athena gruppo? It's all alloy, looks beautiful, and goes all the way to 11.

oldpotatoe
07-15-2013, 06:54 AM
Okay, so I know this is totally a vanity thing, but humor me. I'm looking for my next build to have all silver components. The only parts I'm missing are shift levers. I have an almost new pair of Record 10 speed carbon levers. Is it possible to get silver blades to replace the carbon ones currently in place?

Or if anyone has a like new set of 2010 silver Centaur levers and would consider a trade for some like new Record levers.

Thanks

'Silver' ones are easy. Record/Chorus silver ones, with the hole in them-hard. I have the metal ones but not the ones with holes in them.