PDA

View Full Version : Seatpost question.....oh no!

shinomaster
12-18-2005, 10:44 PM
When I was fit six years ago I was fit with a campy chorus post (my only treasure bit of campy at the time) with plenty of setback. One fitter at the time said that I should have a 74 sa. The fitter that made my Atlanta said I should have a 73.5 sa. It was built with a 73.5 and I rode it with the chorus post.
A few years ago I got a thompson post with no setback and put my saddle in about the same place (center). I'm wondering if this is why I seemed to sit forward to some of you when I posted pix of me on my beercan. I thought I should be more forward...
The other day after my racing was over I jammed my seat all the way back on my Cross bike and it seems better. I feel more power. I wonder if I should switch back to a regular post? Could I ride a bike with a 73 sa and a thompson post??? Why didn't My fitter mention this when I was fit back in May?? This would shorten my 60cm top tube! How much farther back is a chorus post?

I'm so confused... :confused:

Fixed
12-18-2005, 10:54 PM
bro if i were you i would use a setback post i.m.h.o you may changed over the years. cheers :beer: happy holidays and I think the brew won't make it to your dad safe and sound bro

shinomaster
12-18-2005, 11:23 PM
But I'm a professional packer of fragile things..