PDA

View Full Version : Doping is Gay

Wilkinson4
07-14-2013, 04:00 PM
Tyson Gay that is...

Not sure what to think... He has been smoking it this year. Could be what he said but it is so hard to believe these guys anymore.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/ATH_GAY_POSITIVE_TEST?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-07-14-11-00-05

mIKE

Bruce K
07-14-2013, 04:06 PM
Whew !!!!

BK

echelon_john
07-14-2013, 04:15 PM
That's a really stupid thread title.

ultraman6970
07-14-2013, 04:16 PM
For using the word gay in a expression got banned like 2 weeks :D

MattTuck
07-14-2013, 04:17 PM
I realize it is a play on words, but still...

as far as him being popped... glad to see the system working. Though, how it takes 2 months to test a sample is still a mystery; May 16 out of competition test, and he was notified last week??? To me, that is a system that is BARELY working. Can they really not turn the results around faster??

as for his statement, that is just sad.

"I don't have a sabotage story. I don't have any lies. I don't have anything to say to make this seem like it was a mistake or it was on USADA's hands, someone playing games," said Gay, who fought back sobs as he spoke. "I don't have any of those stories. I basically put my trust in someone and I was let down."

Asked who that person was, Gay replied: "I can't really say it. Sometimes a human being naturally, generally trusts somebody. That's what people do."

So, he's using the "I put my trust in the wrong person" argument? Here's a novel idea... as a professional athlete, with your name and career on the line, take responsibility for what goes into your body.

Wilkinson4
07-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Oh please, are we that sensative nowadays? Sophmoric yes, I am stuck in a hot airport (Climate Change) waiting to go to my favorite city (Houston) for a week long 12+ hour a day business trip...

Maybe I'll change it to, "Doping is for dopes"?...

m

ultraman6970
07-14-2013, 04:27 PM
WHat does he meant with "I basically put my trust in someone and I was let down."???

How the system works for them?, he was expecting for somebody to cover the thing or something?

shovelhd
07-14-2013, 04:31 PM
It's the tainted beef defense.

MattTuck
07-14-2013, 04:35 PM
It's the tainted beef defense.

There is a person, I trust more than anyone else in my life. He is not my coach, or my doctor or even my best friend. He is Gino, my butcher.

BumbleBeeDave
07-14-2013, 04:41 PM
. . . to give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment. He could easily mean he trusted a coach or personal chef to screen his supplements and food and they "let him down."

Regardless of whether he has a good reason or not, the guy is screwed.

BBD

beercan
07-14-2013, 04:59 PM
he is a strong runner, maybe he will retire but justin gatlin made a return back from his suspension but who knows, tyson gay is a humble and quiet man, at least he is working and answering the investigators.

Bruce K
07-14-2013, 05:02 PM
I believe this is #2 so I think it's lifetime

BK

beercan
07-14-2013, 05:04 PM
I believe this is #2 so I think it's lifetime

BK

forgot about that, he can come coach at my old high school then

Climb01742
07-14-2013, 05:23 PM
In interviews, I always thought Tyson was a humble, bright, nice guy. Which doesn't impact his guilt or innocence, but I was enjoying his comeback. Sigh.

weiwentg
07-14-2013, 06:41 PM
There is no way to differentiate the honest mistakes from the dopers. Tyson Gay may have made an honest mistake with a contaminated supplement or the lab may have screwed up. But Hamilton and Landis both said the lab messed up and, in my mind, did legitimately cast some doubt on the accuracy of the lab. They were doped to the gills. Frank Schleck says he was poisoned - yeah, right. Contador blames a contaminated steak - yeah, right. Can't trust anyone anymore.

oldguy00
07-15-2013, 06:45 AM
. . . to give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment. He could easily mean he trusted a coach or personal chef to screen his supplements and food and they "let him down."

Regardless of whether he has a good reason or not, the guy is screwed.

BBD

Oh come on....

"I don't have any excuses..........but it was someone else's fault"

Nice...

So someone else spiked his supplements, but now he's protecting them. That makes sense..

Lewis Moon
07-15-2013, 08:18 AM
Oh please, are we that sensative nowadays? Sophmoric yes, I am stuck in a hot airport (Climate Change) waiting to go to my favorite city (Houston) for a week long 12+ hour a day business trip...

Maybe I'll change it to, "Doping is for dopes"?...

m

...No, you're just that insensative. Really, words matter. Is it so hard to put yourself into someone else's place and imagine how even a sophmoric attempt at a ill conceived joke might hurt?

As for Tyson Gay's problem; being an athlete at that level is probably akin to being a corporation. Many moving parts that have to function independently, and you are the CEO. It's up to the CEO to hire competant, trustworthy people. Sometimes, that doesn't work out so well.
Is it ultimately his fault? The buck stops at the top. A lesson that WAY too many CEOs in corporate America cannot understand. Good luck in your future endevours, Mr. Gay.

PQJ
07-15-2013, 08:38 AM
As someone who is more attuned to and irked by trivialities than perhaps I ought to be, kan the mods maybe invest in a spel chekir. Please.

Wilkinson4
07-15-2013, 09:25 PM
...No, you're just that insensative. Really, words matter. Is it so hard to put yourself into someone else's place and imagine how even a sophmoric attempt at a ill conceived joke might hurt?

Ok, I'll take that as constructive criticism. Maybe it goes both ways as well. I'll say that words may matter, if you allow them to.

But point taken...

mIKE

cachagua
07-15-2013, 10:11 PM
Words may matter, if you allow them to.

Nicely put! I would have said the same thing in a much more offensive way.