PDA

View Full Version : Delta brakes/Mavic Reflex/25mm tire

summilux
07-14-2013, 03:36 PM
I'm about to start organizing a build up using Delta brakes. Anyone fit a Reflex rim and Veloflex Roubaix (25mm) tire into Deltas?

likebikes
07-14-2013, 03:39 PM
depends on how high the brake bridge is brazed.

choke
07-14-2013, 09:05 PM
depends on how high the brake bridge is brazed.^^ This.

25s should be no problem unless the brake bridge is super low. I have Deltas on 3 bikes; all will fit a Parigi-Roubaix (29mm actual width) at the front but only one will clear it on the back.

oldpotatoe
07-15-2013, 07:04 AM
I'm about to start organizing a build up using Delta brakes. Anyone fit a Reflex rim and Veloflex Roubaix (25mm) tire into Deltas?

I use Deltas every day and a wide rim(I use Campagnolo tubie rims/tubulars), work fine BUT depends on the generation. Last gen(black bellows) came with 2 sets of spacers under the brake block holders. Wide for narrow rims and narrow for wider rims. Older Deltas just opened further for wider rims.

Remember, another nice little innovation that gets ignored, is that Deltas can be adjusted up and down on the frame/fork also.

Formulasaab
07-15-2013, 01:37 PM
Remember, another nice little innovation that gets ignored, is that Deltas can be adjusted up and down on the frame/fork also.

+1
This makes them very adaptable to variations in frame construction.

summilux
07-15-2013, 03:48 PM
Last gen(black bellows) came with 2 sets of spacers under the brake block holders. Wide for narrow rims and narrow for wider rims. Older Deltas just opened further for wider rims.

I think mine are 4th generation (white bellows). I'll start tonight and see what happens.

summilux
07-16-2013, 08:18 AM
It fits quite nicely. I was mainly worried about caliper clearance around the wider tire but there's plenty of room. With the pads all the way at the bottom there is also a good amount of vertical clearance so the brake housing still has some capacity for further vertical movement at the bridge or fork. It's going on an Olmo Leader.