PDA

View Full Version : Doncha just hate it when...

Lewis Moon
07-13-2013, 12:14 PM
...you're riding, right side of the road, in the middle of a nice, five foot wide shoulder, blinky tail light and everything, and some douche nozzle lays on the horn JUST as he comes up behind you.
I seriously need to get that mail order RPG.

rePhil
07-13-2013, 12:40 PM
I had a guy in an old pickup constantly do the same thing to me on my morning commute. No traffic other than the two of us. His back window is covered with a West Coast Customs decal, so I wrongly assumed he would have a tiny bit of courtesy for someone on two wheels.
One day I came across him on my way home. This time he had a passenger with him. I rolled up to them at a light. The passenger stuck his head out and asked why I was always riding my bike. I told him I lost my license because of 3 DUI's and I rode my bike to work to take care of my wife & kids. He shook his head and mumbled in amazement...3 DUI's, 3 DUI's??
From that day forward the horn was replaced with a wave.

zap
07-13-2013, 02:28 PM
Phil, that's great :banana:

avalonracing
07-13-2013, 03:07 PM
I told him I lost my license because of 3 DUI's and I rode my bike to work to take care of my wife & kids. He shook his head and mumbled in amazement...3 DUI's, 3 DUI's??
From that day forward the horn was replaced with a wave.

Kindred "spirit's I suppose.

You can sometimes tell when someone has been, should we say, forced into riding a bicycle. We have a few guys around town that I would put money down that this is why they are on a bike. It's a better place for them in so many ways.

Louis
07-13-2013, 03:41 PM
Phil, add a Confederate battle flag jersey, and you'll be their hero.

1centaur
07-13-2013, 04:11 PM
Maybe a "Pick Ups RULE!" jersey, just to confuse them long enough...

Lewis Moon
07-13-2013, 04:18 PM
Yep...it was a pick-em-up that honked. I just don't understand the animosity. I wasn't anywhere near blocking him or impeding him in any way.

charliedid
07-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Cyclists are just as bad. Dude screamed ON YER LEFT at me on a bike path a few hours ago without another cyclist in sight. Scared the living ····· out of me.

Just shut-up and ride your bike please.