PDA

View Full Version : Sad day for the Coast Guard and Cycling

fourflys
07-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Just found out we lost a Brother Chief and cyclist in Florida... not sure what happened yet...

http://www.abcactionnews.com//dpp/news/region_north_pinellas/clearwater/well-known-armed-forces-cyclist-sean-coleman-dies-while-training-on-suncoast-parkway-trail

Fairwinds and Following Seas Brother :(

metalheart
07-11-2013, 10:43 PM
A sad loss ... condolences to his family, friends, and mates.

tiretrax
07-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Very sad news. RIP and condolences to his family and friends.

firerescuefin
07-11-2013, 11:08 PM
Chris..he was a friend of mine..we rode in the same club (NVM)when I lived in st Pete. He was riding with friends when it happened..and just cruising back from a training ride..slumped forward on the bike...drifted off the shoulder and fell off the bike. CPR was started immediately. Talked to 2 people today about it. He was super elite fit...the last person you would expect to have a heart attack. Sean was as nice of a guy..as he was a beast on the bike. He will be missed. He left a wife and a special needs child behind. It put updating my will on top of my list this week.

Steve in SLO
07-11-2013, 11:36 PM
Chris,
That is a tragedy.
Ride safe...we don't need a loss in the northernmost state next.

fourflys
07-12-2013, 12:21 AM
Geoff- thanks for the update... hate to hear about it, but I'm glad it wasn't a hit and run or anything like that...

Steve- I agree, we've already lost two to suicide in the last 10 days up here... we don't need any more loss...