PDA

View Full Version : Respacing rear Dura Ace 7710 Hub

mktng
07-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Picked up a Nature Boy.
Problem is .. rear spacing is 130mm.

Dont think I can add spacers and still have room to bolt on securely.
Where .. if possible....can I find a 130mm axle to replace the stock 120mm on my 7710 track hub?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
My google seaching starts.... right now.

Thanks !!

keevon
07-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Looks like that hub has a solid, threaded axle. Wheels Manufacturing has replacement axles in all kinds of lengths and thread pitch:

http://wheelsmfg.com/products/axles-cones-hub-parts/all-axles.html

Cup-and-cone Shimano hubs are fairly easy to service. Might as well overhaul that track hub when you replace the axle.

Ralph
07-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Back in the days of Campy freewheel hubs....and 126 MM plus rears, I many times spread the rear to 130 MM and spaced out that old hub to use 7 or 8 speed freewheels. To get a 130 MM hub....measured over the locknuts (width between the rear dropouts....inside measurement) I would use a 140 mm length axle. You will need it for Shimano threads. 5 MM on each side was just the right amount to sit in the dropouts, but not be too long for the skewer to work well. 138 MM w/b OK also for thin dropouts.

keevon
07-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Except for the fact that it's a bolt-on hub, not quick release. I would order a 174mm axle to make sure there are enough thread for the track nuts. Can always trim it down if it's too long...